+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Speakers for a Sony TA1010 amplifier.

I'm Martyn.

Default Speakers for a Sony TA1010 amplifier.

Recommendations for speakers to use with a 15 watts per channel Sony TA1010.
    A surprisingly good little amp.

I'm Scott.

Tannoy 611’s work pretty well with low wattage amps, they can get decently loud with only 15 watts.

High sensitivity is pretty much a must when you’re only working with 15 watts per channel.

I’d stay away from any modern speakers which are mostly in the 86-87db/w range.

I'm Hugo.

The cheapish Klipsch R-51 bookshelf speakers would work well https://www.klipsch.com/products/r-5...peaker-blk-gnm . These are truly ugly little things, made visually bearable by leaving the grilles in place, but there is something rather wonderful about how they play music - flawed, certainly, but lovely and easy to forgive bearing in mind the price.

I'm Geoff.

Nice amp. There's one obvious candidate from the same era as the Sony, the Wharfedale Dovedale III. Very easy to drive and a lot of beefy sounding fun, still plentiful too, as are spare parts.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread