+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst Music For Your System

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Oh yeah I forgot, Brian Eno's ambient stuff as well. Even the cat sits and listens.

Brian Eno & Jah Wobble - Spinner is another personal favorite. There is a random off key, out of time, electronic organ key strike that has no right to appear in the mix where it does, 'wakes me up' every time.

Cat's take note!

Quality stuff there Shaun.
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Yes Chris loving Bonobo and also Kiasmos along with Trentemoller, Orbital, Infected Mushroom, Futureshock and Younger Brother. I also like a bit of commercial dance like Lasgo and Ian Van Dahl however the other stuff is better with a slightly altered state of mind. The stereo imaging is always impressive when you feel more relaxed and that low frequency stuff that just appears around the floor is just too good. Great sounds, great music, great sounds systems. I'll drink to that.

Saw Kiasmos at the Montreux Jazz festival a few years ago. They were incredibly melodically, repetitively, subtly beautiful. I think they just played "looped" for about 3 hours but at the time it was exactly what I wanted to hear, over and over again. A real earcasm and a prolonged one at that.

Ólafur Arnalds is incredibly talented and does some really good stuff with Nils Frahm (another favorite). They just 'jammed' for a couple of hours and recorded it, the results are mesmeric.

"Daughter" also played a couple of hours before and they were also hauntingly beautiful.
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123