+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What the F**k is going on in this country?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Mock outrage is the new black (lives matter).
    Yes, but it's precisely this is the short of shite I was on about to you the other day:

Quote Originally Posted by The Times
    Boris Johnson has faced accusations of cronyism after handing peerages to the newspaper owner Evgeny Lebedev, several Tory grandees and Brexiteers, and his own brother.

The prime minister has nominated several of his close allies, including Sir Eddie Lister, his chief strategic adviser, and the Tory donor Michael Spencer. Mr Johnson’s brother, Jo, who dealt him a blow last year by resigning from his cabinet, will also receive a peerage.
    Fucking 'jobs for your pals', 'old boys network' PISH... It's fundamentally wrong and needs ERADICATED, and such decisions instead put into the hands of the people!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    We have just had an official report warning of too much involvement from Russia within our society and in positions of influence and power, and yet we have this happening, somewhat questionable I would say!
    Indeed!

It stinks to high heaven.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, but it's precisely this is the short of shite I was on about to you the other day:

Fucking 'jobs for your pals', 'old boys network' PISH... It's fundamentally wrong and needs ERADICATED, and such decisions instead put into the hands of the people!

Marco.
    But hold on a second. The last time that the decision was put in the hands of 'the people', they voted to leave the EU. And everyone who wasn't happy with the decision of 'the people' decided that 'the people' were stupid and racist.

'The people' also voted Trump in, but there seems to be a lot of similar complaints about 'the people' after that little bit of democracy in action too. I think the 'right on' types calling for more direct democracy should probably reconsider their position.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    It’s not a heritage issue, which I think you know? We have just had an official report warning of too much involvement from Russia within our society and in positions of influence and power, and yet we have this happening, somewhat questionable I would say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But the report didn't say anything of the sort. In fact the complaints about the report were that it didn't investigate Russian influence.

But it turns out that the supposed Russian influence that should have been investigated boiled down to some posts on Twitter which some people actually seem to believe were what tipped the Brexit referendum over the edge. Well there's none so blind as those who will not see.

Poor old KGB, if they'd only had Twitter back in the 1960s we'd all now be typing in Cyrillic and driving back to our crumbling apartment blocks in our Trabants to get pissed on home-made vodka.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm guy.

......................... in our Trabants to get pissed on home-made vodka.
    I think that most people would still be on the waiting list for one
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

But hold on a second. The last time that the decision was put in the hands of 'the people', they voted to leave the EU. And everyone who wasn't happy with the decision of 'the people' decided that 'the people' were stupid and racist.

'The people' also voted Trump in, but there seems to be a lot of similar complaints about 'the people' after that little bit of democracy in action too. I think the 'right on' types calling for more direct democracy should probably reconsider their position.
    That's not my issue, though. Last time you said the point of the HoL was to 'temper' over-exuberant authoritarian behaviour by the government, so is that noble notion best served by filling it with 'Boris's best buddies', as appears to be the case?

They simply won't be impartial, therefore completely incapable of 'tempering' anything, and so aren't fit for purpose!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I think that most people would still be on the waiting list for one
    Good point. I was assuming a 'best case' scenario.
    Current Lash Up:

Fancy answering my last post?

Marco.
    Main System

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Jeremy.

I'll give a solid "so?"

I'm in the US... things are little more spicy, over here, right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast