+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magneplanar SMGa

I'm Andrew.

Default Magneplanar SMGa

Having a tinker with these Yankee panels and I am shocked at how good they are ( not wife friendly though ) .
    A matched pair too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

Maggies are pretty nice. The bass is different to what most people are used to.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andrew.

I agree mate though I didn’t expect much as far as bass goes but blimey I’m shocked

I'm Gerard.

Great speakers. All the rage in the 1980s with the non flat earth society.
    I remember Jimmy Hughes et al going nuts for them with Krell KSA50/100.
    I've had Maggies for decades as a result...and have SMGa,b &c in the loft, SMG 12s being the sofa I am typing this from ( don't tell the wife) and listening to 1.7s.

Enjoy.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Gerry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    I agree mate though I didn’t expect much as far as bass goes but blimey I’m shocked
    Yeah. Bass is good and there's no boom or colouration unless your room is tricky.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Gerard.

Get them off those stands and raise them about 4-6inches, makes quite a difference.
    I am still using the original Midas stands made for the SMGa. Makes a huge difference. There are those who take the stands to extremes.

Very easy to mod the x-over and that makes a huge difference, improving the bass.

You can have lots of fun with these.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Gerry

I'm Andrew.

Unfortunately I don’t have the space for these Gerry , plus I have a very energetic 3 year old granddaughter so I’ll be selling them on .

I'm Grant.

. Look in good nick
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    . Look in good nick
    They’re better than I thought they could be Grant , initially there was no sound from the tweeters so I stuck a 3amp fuse in to try them and hey presto ( correct 1.5 a fuses ordered) I need to stretch the cloth back over the bottom, there is on bit missing from one foot which I think is for placing them more upright.

I'm Bread.

'Great speakers. All the rage in the 1980s with the non flat earth society.
    I remember Jimmy Hughes et al going nuts for them with Krell KSA50/100.
    I've had Maggies for decades as a result...and have SMGa,b &c in the loft, SMG 12s being the sofa I am typing this from ( don't tell the wife) and listening to 1.7s.'
    Ohh I've imagined lol it's nice you have such a place just for yourself (we won't tell the wife)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast