+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

I'm Alan.

Default Hello

Hi everyone
    I’ve been a hi fi nut since I was at college in the early 70’s. In fact I spent my first term grant on hi fi
    down Tottenham Court road and then struggled with four boxes on a London bus to get everything back to my digs.
    I’m still doing mad things like that even though I’m now well into retirement.
    Currently own a Brinkman Bardo, Allnic T2000, and Boenicke SE speakers as the backbone of my system. I
    mainly listen to Jazz and Classical but still have some Joni Mitchell albums from my student days.

Alan

I'm Rob.

Hi Alan, Ahh the old Tottenham Court Road....where I bought my first amp in the 70s an Eagle TSA 149 and a Garrard SP25MkIV. What a diabolical TT (IMO of course) still..it sounded good enough to me at the time.

We visited Stamford some years ago for a wedding. Lovely place, loved the architecture.

Have fun here.

Rob.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Geoff.

Hi Alan. Welcome to AOS.

There's a lot going on here, so join in the chat and get to know the members, they're all friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adrian.

Hi Alan

A man after my heart an Allnic amp, and if I could or ever can afford it I would migrate to a Brinkman. I remember the Tottenham Court road well from my days at City Uni.

Welcome to AoS
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread