+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Now I've gone and done it... Ruark Equinox

I'm Steph.

Default Now I've gone and done it... Ruark Equinox

Hi guys,

I really like Ruark speakers, so when I had an opportunity to try their much-lauded Equinox in my current system I went for it. They've been dropped off today and look in good nick, although they'll need a proper clean.

Any thoughts on things worth watching out for, before I give them a spin? Advice on positioning, particularly, would be welcome.

I've dropped a message into Ruark to see what the tweeter is as I'd be expecting to replace the ferrofluid if they're a ferrofluid design, it'll surely have dried out after 20ish years. Then it'll be time to take 'em apart, sprinkle some pixie dust (black-headed screws!) and put them back together again for another 20-ish years. Hopefully.

A bit of lugging about to do today then - goodness knows where I'm going to put the Crusaders...

Steph

I'm Martin.

According to Ruark they should be no more than one foot from the rear wall, https://www.stereophile.com/standlou...ark/index.html.

I'd start there and them move them forward if needed. They look a bit peaky in the lower mids so probably better with some space about them. Good speakers IMO although so are the Crusaders.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm John.

Scan-speak D2905/9000 can be replaced with the newer D2905/9500 if so desired.

I'm Steph.

Martin,
    Thanks for the guidance and the link - I was looking for that today and the well-known search engine wasn't playing ball. Your note on the response would seem right from my experience this afternoon, where my thoughts were to give them a bit of space to breath, not helped that they're currently just about 3" in front of the Crusaders, so far from optimal. More playing required, I think!

John,
    Thanks for that pointer, I'll see where I get to!

Steph

I'm Geoff.

Chances are they'll sound just fine and won't need tinkering with.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steph.

Fair point, Geoff, and they're certainly working well now. But with a speaker of this age, I'm minded to be cautious and check them out thoroughly.

Steph

+ Reply to Thread