+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Groovemaster II - Denon DL103R

I'm Francois.

Default Groovemaster II - Denon DL103R

Quite a few new toys have arrived recently...

I have recently purchased the Groovemaster II 12in Tonearm (presentation are not needed as Tom from this parish has already very aptly covered the subject here a few years ago https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...rm-mini-review) from Hugo (Ammonite Audio) with a Zavfino Majestic tonearm cable.
    A real pleasure to deal with, full of very useful advises! and super speedy delivery! Thanks again Hugo!

The arm is paired with a Denon DL103R on a Timestep headshell.
    And finally to complete the picture a T10 Stepup Transformer has been added to my trusted TQ iridium phonostage.

And I still have my Croft Micro 25 to experiment with later on...

So far my ears are full of lovely sounds. The cartridge needs a little bit of burn in I reckon, but so far the scene is wide and lush, full with details and plenty of gutsy bass!

Happiness!
    Records are spinning again!

Francois, Bergerac, France
    Source component/s:
    Musical Fidelity M1 Dac, Allo Digi One, Sony SCD-XE800, AVID Ingenium Twin arm, Audio Note Arm One, Groovemaster II 12in, Audio Note IQ3 MM, Denon DL103R MC, Croft Basic 25, TQ Iridium Phonostage, Puresound T10 Stepup Transformer, Zavfino majestic tonearm cable
    Amplification:
    Audio Note OTO PP, Dussun V6i
    Loudspeakers:
    Triangle Comete ES, Klispch RP600M
    Cables/stands:
    Quadraspire, Belden 9497

I'm Hugo.

Beautiful! The 12" GrooveMaster looks so good on that deck.

I'm Francois.

Yes, it really does! Very streamlines, just the bare essentials.

And, boy! does it sounds good with that DL103R. It reminds me of my long deceased Lyra Clavis.
    It digs huge amount of detail in the groove.
    The Croft Phonostage sounds absolutely gorgeous on old Decca pressings, lush!

As for the T10 Stepup, not sure which setting I prefer, High or Low... it kind of depends of the recording.

But, overall, what a piece of kit. And it was surprisingly easy to fit and adjust. The sliding base makes it really a doddle to install on the Avid.

Now a few hours of listening with the cats!
    Source component/s:
    Musical Fidelity M1 Dac, Allo Digi One, Sony SCD-XE800, AVID Ingenium Twin arm, Audio Note Arm One, Groovemaster II 12in, Audio Note IQ3 MM, Denon DL103R MC, Croft Basic 25, TQ Iridium Phonostage, Puresound T10 Stepup Transformer, Zavfino majestic tonearm cable
    Amplification:
    Loudspeakers:
    Cables/stands:
    Quadraspire, Belden 9497

I'm Giovanni.

Hi,
    have you tried other phono cables besides the majestic Zavfino? Did you compare it? How's it going in your opinion?
    I had tried it with my Denon DL-103S, then at the end I preferred The Highlands, it sounded a little more precise and refined, but it was about nuances.
    Thanks.

I'm Francois.

Hey Giovanni,

I haven't had the chance yet to test other Zavfino cables. All I can say is that the Majestic is pretty 'invisible' in my system.
    To me it is totally transparent. Plenty of details and finesse. Really happy with it especially considering the price and the quality of the item!
    Source component/s:
    Amplification:
    Loudspeakers:
    Cables/stands:
    Quadraspire, Belden 9497

+ Reply to Thread