+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: PS Audio Nuwave Phono Converter

I'm Gary.

Default [SOLD] PS Audio Nuwave Phono Converter

CONFIRM SOLD
    Thanks for looking.

MY PS AUDIO NUWAVE PHONO CONVERTER FOR SALE

RRP £1760 Looking for £1100 ono Delivered to the UK
    (outside UK? we can work out the postage)

Bought as a tool to digitise my vinyl, job's now done so use it solely as a Phonostage.
    Looking to a Rega to match my P10 Turntable (Rega synergy and all that) so selling this to put towards funds for that.
    I don't need the digital sorcery this thing can do any more, and I know anyone (like Me) with an interest in archiving their Reel to Reel, Vinyl or cassette would get the same benefit I did.

Purchased Jan 2019, last shipment to the UK before the product was discontinued.
    Superb sounding phonostage in its own right, as well as a digital "Swiss army knife" for archiving your analogue source material.
    24/192/ DSD digital copies of your R2r tapes, Vinyl Lps and cassettes, or just use it as a superb sounding Phonostage.

If your a big collector a unit like this is the way to go.

Not just me that is saying it!
    https://www.audiophilia.com/reviews/...hono-converter
    https://www.theabsolutesound.com/art...verter/?page=3
    https://darko.audio/2013/11/ps-audio...pre-amplifier/
    https://darko.audio/2014/01/ps-audio...ital-playback/
    http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/ps-audio-nuwavephono-converter

MM and MC, wide range of compatible cartridge Loading and Gain settings:
    Mint condition, zero dings, scrapes or Dents - Looks new.
    A heavy solid thing, about the width of a Cyrus box but half the height.
    Sits quite inconspicuous on the rack, quite small in front profile but very deep.

Proper caps and a toroid transformer for the power supply
    Some pics of it in action:

Rear Panel showing inputs / outputs:

INPUTS

Phono from Turntable
    (AnOther) for Reel to Reel, Cassette Deck etc

ANALOGUE OUTPUTS
    * RCA
    * Balanced XLR

DIGITAL OUTPUTS
    * S/PDIF
    * USB
    * i2s

Dual mono construction, Toroidal transformer power supply, i2s digital output,
    a combined Phono Stage, A/D Converter AND analogue source material "Ripper" to digital files via its UBS output.

A multi-bit DSD based Analogue to Digital converter, it runs as a core DSD converter, resampling any analogue input at 352,800Hz (5.6MHz)
    This means any conversion to PCM is handled "post digital", always running at highest speed and greatest bit depth.
    So sounds "bloody good".
    Can connect your Turntable and Reel to Reel/ Tape deck at the same time too, just switch your input from the front panel.

THIS THING:

Turns your analogue playback to a digital source to your DAC, PCM up to 24/192 and double rate DSD.
    Play Vinyl (R2R, Tape or whatever analogue source you plug into it) into your dac of choice, with (from personal experience) ZERO loss compared to the original.
    Alternatively: Rip whatever you plug into it to digital file format.

Connect a Laptop with Software like VInyl Studio/ Audacity and rip your LPs, R2R tapes or cassettes to Digital, either PCM up to 24/192 and single or double rate DSD.

Hope this can go to a happy home,
    Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 08-08-2020 at 11:26.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Clive.

Good luck with your sale. I can certainly vouch for the quality of this Phonostage as I use one as a stand alone machine between my Technics TT and Bryston Pre.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Gary.

Thanks Clive,

it is a great sounding phonostage even without all it's digital wizardry.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS

I'm Hugo.

I'm Gary.

SOLD
    Last edited by Gazjam; 08-08-2020 at 09:43.
    AC POWER
    AMPS
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    TURNTABLE
    PHONOSTAGE
    DIGITAL
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    INTERCONNECTS

+ Reply to Thread