+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Going from kef 104/2 to quad vena 2/quad s1

I'm Philip.

Default Going from kef 104/2 to quad vena 2/quad s1

Hi,

I have kef 104/2 driven by a very good onkyo a9010.
    Room 4.5 x 4.5.

We are moving in the next 6-9 months and the kefs are going to be too big (Attic room placement...can't get them up the stairs).

Has anyone heard the quad vena 2 / s1 combination?
    Or the quad s1 on the end o something else?

Any opinions or thoughts?

I realize i will lose some bass, but not such a problem as i end up putting the kefs too close to the rear wall and getting too much bass anyway.

It is going to be hard to let the kefs go as they have been re donuted and have upgraded (on old t33s i think they are an upgrade) morel tweeters with correct spec from the states.
    Positioned correctly they sound wonderful.
    With my old lentek especially so.

But a quad vena 2 / s1 new deal can be had at £1000.

Or is there something else better than the s1 that would be better partnered with the quad vena 2?
    Bearing in mind, in the package the quad s1 are beigg offered for £350 (the vena 2 is £650 on it's own).

Any, any thoughts or opinions, etc much appreciated.

I'm Mike.

Q Acoustics always seem to get good reviews and have models in your price range, check Richer Sounds for deals

I'm Tony.

Not heard the Quad S1, but it's said to have a big sound for a small speaker. This vid might be worth a look.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL2AcGsvvo8

I'm Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by moffer View Post
    Not heard the Quad S1, but it's said to have a big sound for a small speaker. This vid might be worth a look.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL2AcGsvvo8
    Thanks.

I do like the look of their amps.
    The el84 and altera.

I'm Dave.

Yes, heard the Vena II with S1 on a couple of occasions. I bought my Daughter a Vena II Play + the S1 in white, a few weeks ago and it sounds pretty good to me. I also got her a Rega P1 in white and she is over the Moon, collecting and playing LPs plus streaming.

Obviously, the S1 won't have the bass of the 104 but they do a great job and you will find them more revealing and lively. I could live with that system.

I'm Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Yes, heard the Vena II with S1 on a couple of occasions. I bought my Daughter a Vena II Play + the S1 in white, a few weeks ago and it sounds pretty good to me. I also got her a Rega P1 in white and she is over the Moon, collecting and playing LPs plus streaming.

Obviously, the S1 won't have the bass of the 104 but they do a great job and you will find them more revealing and lively. I could live with that system.
    Thanks.
    I might have to demo a system for the 2nd time i my life.

I'm Ian.

I've got a Leema Acoustics Pulse III for sale on here. Like the Quad Vena II it is an integrated amp with DAC and mm/mc phono stage. I've owned both and they are very good but the Pulse has the edge in my opinion. Also cheaper than a new Quad leaving you £500 for your new speakers

I'm Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    I've got a Leema Acoustics Pulse III for sale on here. Like the Quad Vena II it is an integrated amp with DAC and mm/mc phono stage. I've owned both and they are very good but the Pulse has the edge in my opinion. Also cheaper than a new Quad leaving you £500 for your new speakers
    Thanks, but a bit early at the moment.
    And it is the speakers i am more unsure about.

I'm Philip.

Any thoughts on Sonus Faber concertino?

I'm Dave.

Lovely looking, a bit warm and laid back but at the right price are worth considering.

+ Reply to Thread