+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Raspberry Pi Digi Hats

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    No I just bought the bare DAC and it’s plugged into the Pi gpio socket then they’re fixed to a plate of aluminium, it’s never on view anyway as it’s down behind the HiFi unit and is never seen.

I don’t need a case so didn’t bother with one and saved some cash.
    Funnily enough, just received an aluminium sheet to bolt both the Pecan dac and the Allo sig to.
    I was just looking at it thinking I might as well get a cheap Chinese case and put them both in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Funnily enough, just received an aluminium sheet to bolt both the Pecan dac and the Allo sig to.
    I was just looking at it thinking I might as well get a cheap Chinese case and put them both in.

Cool, I’m interested in your gpio cable, I’ve not fitted mine as I wasn’t sure which way round to have it, I see the red edge going to the Pecan so that helps me, which way is the Pi facing within the Allo bridge?

I'm Steve.

Cool, I’m interested in your gpio cable, I’ve not fitted mine as I wasn’t sure which way round to have it, I see the red edge going to the Pecan so that helps me, which way is the Pi facing within the Allo bridge?
    Hi Mike.
    I’ve already zapped an old raspberry pi by getting the gpio cable the wrong way ... so it pays to be careful!!
    The Pecan would sit as it looks in the photo. So that the 40 pin connectors would clip together with the underside of the Pecan dropping down into the pi.
    So when you get the cable it’s useful to look at the red strip at one end and make sure you have both ends where they should be.
    Am I making sense? Possibly not, but it is very straightforward when you get the cable and you can visualise how it is just an extension of how the dac would sit onto the pi.

By the way the Pecan Pi is fantastic when married to the Allo USbridgre and linear power to both the pi and dac. Not cheap, but I am very impressed with what Orchard have done with a humble HAT.
    Good luck !

I'm Steve.

Sorry Mike
    To answer your question the pi sits with the 40 pin connector on top and I’ll lift the lid and take a pic

I'm Steve.

Of course the Allo Sig USbridge is not a pi, it just uses the core. However the principle is the same.

I'm Steve.

This might make it clearer

I'm Mike.

Thanks for that Steve, I've been busy building something else over the weekend so no time to play

Maybe next weekend

I'm Steve.

Very cool.
    Could do with that over our car parking area. Could you bob round.

I'm Mike.

Default Raspberry Pi Digi Hats

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Very cool.
    Could do with that over our car parking area. Could you bob round.

Only if you've room for the invalid chair that I'm going to need tomorrow
    Last edited by mikeyb; 30-08-2020 at 21:58.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456