+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Raspberry Pi Digi Hats

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Oops, yeah I'd forgotten that's what started the debate
    Sorry I hijacked the thread guys.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Current headphone system: Synology DS212j NAS -> 3rd Gen i5 PC -> Coax out -> Bushmaster mk1 -> AKG 701

Currently in storage speaker system: Need a digital source -> Cyrus 8vs2 -> DIY built IPL acoustics M1TLm with custom speaker cables.

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorD View Post
    Sorry I hijacked the thread guys.

No problem at all, makes things more interesting for all participating
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    No problem at all, makes things more interesting for all participating
    That's what I was thinking too, great to get differing opinions

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    That's what I was thinking too, great to get differing opinions
    I'm sure there'll be some differing opinions with the next question then.....

Software for the Pi. I have FLAC files saved to my NAS and use Spotify too. What software is everyone using and why?

Current headphone system: Synology DS212j NAS -> 3rd Gen i5 PC -> Coax out -> Bushmaster mk1 -> AKG 701

Currently in storage speaker system: Need a digital source -> Cyrus 8vs2 -> DIY built IPL acoustics M1TLm with custom speaker cables.

I'm Paul.

What's the advantage of using the BNC output over the coax?

On my digione, the signal voltage thru the BNC socket is twice that thru the RCA socket. (as the standard requires). This might explain any differences you might hear. And in my case, it also made the difference between an RME ADI-2 DAC locking on to the signal, and not.
    khozmo passive pre/nytech ca252/cxa252 amps, arc 101 speakers
    vinyl: --- lp12/kore/lingo4/ekos2/dv 10x5/gs accession
    digital: --- caiman SEG/allo digione, synology nas, rotel 965 cd

I'm Mike.

I'm sure there'll be some differing opinions with the next question then.....

Software for the Pi. I have FLAC files saved to my NAS and use Spotify too. What software is everyone using and why?

I use Logitech Media Server installed on an Intel NUC and left to run 24/7. Then Material Skin installed on LMS and MoOde Audio on the Pi.

This gives me access to Qobuz, Spotify, Bandcamp, Radio Paradise, TuneinRadio and my NAS drive. Plenty of other plugins can be added to LMS.

I dropped Roon in favour of LMS and the Material Skin

I'm Andrew.

I use Logitech Media Server with the Max2play Distro . LMS is installed on a Pi 4 8GB units as stand alone server then I have various players Pi based all with Digi Hats to send to the DAC,s or DSP units i use in each system. I have a Digione in my main system with Shanti power supply but if I am honest it is not that much better than a Pi with HifiDigiberry Pro + and the Shanti power supply . I would not be able to tell the difference accurately enough to say which was being used . I use Materila Skin on my laptop , Tablet and Android pgone to control whaterver system I am using at that time . Main reason for LMS is the support and number of plug in's it offers for all the things I need (BBC iPlayer / Extras, Radio Paradise)

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bencat View Post
    I use Logitech Media Server with the Max2play Distro
    Why not plain vanilla LMS? What does Max2play bring to the party?

I'm Mike.

just as well off and cheaper to use the Material Skin ( voluntary donation ) than pay for Max2play

You still get ALL the plugins with Material Skin and it works great, as I mentioned earlier I gave up on Roon to use LMS and Material, try it,you might like it, if not then try the paid for Max2play

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bencat View Post
    I use Logitech Media Server with the Max2play Distro . LMS is installed on a Pi 4 8GB units as stand alone server then I have various players Pi based all with Digi Hats to send to the DAC,s or DSP units i use in each system. I have a Digione in my main system with Shanti power supply but if I am honest it is not that much better than a Pi with HifiDigiberry Pro + and the Shanti power supply . I would not be able to tell the difference accurately enough to say which was being used . I use Materila Skin on my laptop , Tablet and Android pgone to control whaterver system I am using at that time . Main reason for LMS is the support and number of plug in's it offers for all the things I need (BBC iPlayer / Extras, Radio Paradise)
    I had planned on running something like Volumio on the Pi and assumed this would collate everything on my NAS and have a Spotify plugin.

I apologise for the noob question but does this setup require a separate server?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast