+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone tried Lindy headphones ?

I'm steve.

Default Anyone tried Lindy headphones ?

I've recently upgraded to a new portable music setup due to the demise of the battery in my10+ years old iPod Nano.
    After extensive review reading online I decided on the Fiio M3 Pro, reviews were all very favourable and it was within my budget (£72 delivered from AliExpress bundled with a 64GB micro SD card).
    Due to my continued dissatisfaction with IEMs I decided to buy some relatively inexpensive lightweight on ear headphones, the Lindy HF20, just £20 including delivery from Amazon, bought them on the strength of the only review I could find which was by Hifi Choice which garnered a Recommended tag.
    Straight out of the box I was astonished at just how good they sounded, the sound was crisp, clean and clear in the midrange and high end, the bass was fast and punchy but a little lightweight as would be expected from the fairly small 30mm drivers, in direct comparison with my normal full sized headphones the AKG K92s they were far better sounding overall, the K92s sounding veiled and boomy in comparison even though they cost over double the price. So far so good, after a fair bit of usage, 30+ hours they have changed slightly having a little more brightness in the treble region which I actually like quite a bit. The only downside I found when I was out walking a few days ago was the on ear cups tend to be a magnet for picking up wind noise which spoils the listening experience somewhat.
    I get the feeling that to get proper musical enjoyment when it's windy I need to sacrifice lightness and small size and go for a pair of over ear noise cancelling headphones. As I've been so impressed with the HF20s I checked out the Lindy website and found they have a wide selection of noise cancelling headphones at very reasonable prices in both wireless and wired configuration, as the Fiio has no wireless connectivity it would be the wired versions I'd primarily be interested in.
    I'd be interested to hear from any forum members who use the NC40 or NC60 wired headphones or the BNX100 wireless headphones to basically find out if the sound signatures are similar to the HF20s but with a touch more at the bass end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

I started a thread on here a good while ago about my Lindy in ears they have a lovely mid focused sound unlike most IEMs which seem to force the bass and treble down your lugholes.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

I'm steve.

Just a little add on to the end of this thread,although I was tempted by the Lindy NC60 headphones after quite a bit of research I decided to go in a different direction after reading loads of glowing user reviews on Amazon and likewise on Youtube I finished up getting a pair of Vankyo C751 Bluetooth Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones from Amazon which were at the time being offered with a discount voucher which brought the price down to just a few pence over £40 delivered (currently £49.99). I've had them now for almost 3 months and concur with the positive reviews, the build quality and sound is more like what you'd expect from a £100-£150 pair of headphones, they are sturdily constructed and very comfortable to wear, the active noise cancelling works very well indeed. They can be used Bluetooth wireless or wired, wired has a very slight edge on sound quality but bluetooth runs it very close and is perfectly acceptable. The frequency range is well balanced, although bass heads might consider them to be a little lacking at the bottom end but I like the bass level as it is, there are some switchable EQ presets but tbh I just keep it to flat.
    The midrange is very clear and detailed with good vocal projection and the top is quite airy without being overly bright.
    In combination with my Fiio M3 Pro DMP the sound quality is extremely good, I have also invested in a cheap portable Bluetooth transmitter (£7.50 off ebay) so I don't have a trailing wire when I'm out walking.
    The built in rechargeable battery has never yet expired on me in the use I've given it, the manufacturer claims 30 hours of noise cancelling use or 15 hours NC and BT used together, charge time via a USB-C socket is pretty quick too. It comes with connecting cables and adapters and a very nice clamshell case which is quite compact as the phones fold for storage. I'm very happy with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread