+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WTD floorstanding speakers

I'm Robert.

Which did you hear Karl, the D7 or the new, revised D7.2 ?
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Which did you hear Karl, the D7 or the new, revised D7.2 ?
    I’ve heard both now mate and both were very impressive. Can’t remember what the subtle differences were exactly as they were a while apart but I love the spendor sound and both were exactly the type of thing I would be very happy with long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Dominic.

I'm going to throw another name into the ring that you may not have considered - Quadral.

Their Chromium Style 8 model is truly superb in every way (I myself own the smaller Style 6) and will be a purchase you will never want to part with - as I will never part with mine and this is a reviewer saying this. The best bit is they are well within budget brand new in the box and none of youir shortlisted candidates can hold a candle to them in my humble opinion.

Read this review where another reviewer has fallen for their charms like I did: https://sacom.ch/bilder/news/testber...um_0316_en.pdf

Get in touch with Mr C on this forum by PM and he is happy to send globally and may even chip off the VAT for you as you are located overseas.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post
    I'm going to throw another name into the ring that you may not have considered - Quadral.

Their Chromium Style 8 model is truly superb in every way (I myself own the smaller Style 6) and will be a purchase you will never want to part with - as I will never part with mine and this is a reviewer saying this. The best bit is they are well within budget brand new in the box and none of youir shortlisted candidates can hold a candle to them in my humble opinion.

Read this review where another reviewer has fallen for their charms like I did: https://sacom.ch/bilder/news/testber...um_0316_en.pdf

Get in touch with Mr C on this forum by PM and he is happy to send globally and may even chip off the VAT for you as you are located overseas.
    Good shout Dominic, defo look like one to check out, look a bargain too
    My System:
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    I’ve heard both now mate and both were very impressive. Can’t remember what the subtle differences were exactly as they were a while apart but I love the spendor sound and both were exactly the type of thing I would be very happy with long term.

Yeah, the D7 is a delight in my set-up. I've read that the changes / revisions in the D7.2 are subtle, but that they are definitely improved over the originals. My hope is to nab a pair at some point in the future.
    My System:

CDP - Pioneer PD-91

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by nonuffin View Post

Thanks for the input , the Quadrals had slipped through the net there.

I’m now eyeing up a pair a few rungs up the ladder from the chromium 8. The platinum plus 9 #eyebrows top of the platinum range . They get down to 23 and up to 48000, That really is full range. Love the idea of the pressure chamber in the middle too. Looks really well thought out.

Cheers
    Karl

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Gary.

Hi Karl,

I'd maybe ask here as well, a bit closer to home for posting!
    https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Robin.

Not sure if my speakers are available in Australia, excellent floor standers.

https://hifipig.com/a-r-t-stilleto-6-v3-s-loudspeakers/
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Gary.

At that budget, the new Sonus Faber "Sonetto" range gets my vote.
    Gorgeous things.

The III and the V are the ones to look at?
    Not sure how the price translates to AU Dollars.

The III

The V

Dynaudio Evoke 50's are worth a look too.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Thanks for the input , the Quadrals had slipped through the net there.

I’m now eyeing up a pair a few rungs up the ladder from the chromium 8. The platinum plus 9 #eyebrows top of the platinum range . They get down to 23 and up to 48000, That really is full range. Love the idea of the pressure chamber in the middle too. Looks really well thought out.

Cheers
    Karl

Very good choice Karl, as the higher up the range you go the better they are Only wish my listening room was bigger, I would have them in a heartbeat.
    CD player = Marantz CD6006
    DAC/pre = Rotel RC 1572
    Power amp = ADA PF201
    Speaks = Quadral Chromium Style 6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast