+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTD floorstanding speakers

I'm Karl.

Default WTD floorstanding speakers

Hi guys I’m looking for some nice full range floorstanding speakers as my next upgrade. I’m looking for something used or ex dem to maximise my budget.

I’ve been looking along the lines of Spendor D7 , Audiovector arrete , Dynaudio contour 30. There have been a few pop up recently around the £2.5k mark but low and behold now I have the money there’s not much about. Any suggestions or recommendations welcomed .

2.5k is max budget and must be able to post

Cheers

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Steve.

I have a pair of Tannoy 6.4 precision I am selling. I have reduced their price as one of the grill are damaged. They are a nice easy load for low powered amps too should you have one.

I'm Matt.

I'm about to sell a pair of immaculate Meadowlark Kestrel 2's (cherry wood with a maple stripe) but I have no idea of their value, although they are clearly well below your maximum budget. Cracking speakers and they drop pretty low (35hz).

One question though - when you say location = Melbourne, which one are we talking about?

I'm Alf.

Id guess its Derbyshire or an expensive postage ha ha
    Techy SP10 mk 2 playing my Vinyl, Aries G1/Chord TT2/Mscaler doing digital, Ear Pre amp and Sowter powered KT88 SE power amp amplifying and big JBL's presenting a room full of fun

I'm Steve.

No, I think it is Australia. That would take some shipping
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Matt.

Well that's what I was hoping (Derbyshire) as that's an easy drive. Melbourne Australia would take somewhat longer and require an amphibious car

I'm Karl.

Default WTD floorstanding speakers

Thanks for the suggestions so far gents.
    I’m really looking for something with no damage.

I’m looking to beat my present Spendor SP2/3R2 which retailed for 2.5k.

This is why I was looking toward the Spendor D7 price range and class as they blew me away when I heard them. Everything I have now but more of it . Something that would have been 4-5k new but around 2.5k used.

I do live in Melbourne and ship stuff here from back home all the time via UPS. It’s on my doorstep from the UK within 4-5 days. I’ve used them maybe 30 times and had no issues whatsoever . Cost me under 150 quid fully insured to ship my current spendors so that’s not to bad if you ask me. If that’s too much of an issue I can send to my parents house in Southport and on from there.

Cheers

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Anthony.

I have a pair of Tannoy Prestige Turnberry SE up for sale currently. Built in 2012 and I am second owner. PM me if of interest.

Cheers

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions so far gents.
    I’m really looking for something with no damage.

I’m looking to beat my present Spendor SP2/3R2 which retailed for 2.5k.

This is why I was looking toward the Spendor D7 price range and class as they blew me away when I heard them. Everything I have now but more of it . Something that would have been 4-5k new but around 2.5k used.

I do live in Melbourne and ship stuff here from back home all the time via UPS. It’s on my doorstep from the UK within 4-5 days. I’ve used them maybe 30 times and had no issues whatsoever . Cost me under 150 quid fully insured to ship my current spendors so that’s not to bad if you ask me. If that’s too much of an issue I can send to my parents house in Southport and on from there.

Cheers

The D7s are excellent, I love them, the best speakers I've owned.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    The D7s are excellent, I love them, the best speakers I've owned.
    They sure are . They image superbly .
    I’ve now added Proac D30RS to the list

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast