+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WTD floorstanding speakers

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Hi Karl,

I'd maybe ask here as well, a bit closer to home for posting!
    https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/
    Thanks for all the suggestions and yes I did tinker with the idea of joining SN a while back. I’ve been here long enough now. Trouble is , the prices they charge for stuff here, even used stuff, it still makes sense to buy at home and send here as it actually works out cheaper most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Anthony.

Hi Karl i did contact you regards the cygnis was awaiting a reply , Chris.

I'm Twisted.

There's a chap selling a pair of D7.2's on the Wam just now...
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmore View Post
    There's a chap selling a pair of D7.2's on the Wam just now...
    Oh thanks do you know what he wants for them?

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm James.

Hi Karl,

If you are updating to a bigger speaker from The SP2 and you want a bigger more powerful sound then a second hand pair of Sp100R2 should be on your list. They will give you the same sound but on a much bigger scale.

The D7 and D9 etc are different animals.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Hi Karl,

If you are updating to a bigger speaker from The SP2 and you want a bigger more powerful sound then a second hand pair of Sp100R2 should be on your list. They will give you the same sound but on a much bigger scale.

The D7 and D9 etc are different animals.
    Thanks Jimbo, i know you're a Spendor man too Hope you're keeping well. Always nice to have your contribution
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Thanks Jimbo, i know you're a Spendor man too Hope you're keeping well. Always nice to have your contribution
    Cheers Rob, Hope all good with you?

Yes just moved to a massive new room so the Sp2s are a little bit lost but they still sound very good indeed. I will be looking for some larger speakers myself in the near future and more amplification!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Cheers Rob, Hope all good with you?

Yes just moved to a massive new room so the Sp2s are a little bit lost but they still sound very good indeed. I will be looking for some larger speakers myself in the near future and more amplification!
    Excellent, large room and change - excellent. Let us know how you get on with that, exciting !
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Karl.

Thanks Jim, hope that new room is coming together for you matey? I’m sure you will get it singing soon enough.

Yes the 100s are fantastic . I’ve had the pleasure of listening to them on a couple of occasions. Unfortunately they rarely come up used and are 8k new so even second hand are above my 2.5-3k budget.

There were a pair on here a while back but he was pretty firm on not wanting to ship them so no good for me.

That said I’m thinking of moving away from the box monitors. I currently have some harbeth shl5 plus on swapsies with mine and although they dig a smidge deeper and fuller I prefer my Sp2/3r2 by some margin. The sp2 are just about one of the most ‘right’ sounding speakers I’ve ever heard and their 5 star reviews across the board are testament to that. I’m just looking for something that will go a bit deeper and Lower and image slightly better so the spendor floorstanders tick those boxes. I really enjoyed the Dynaudio contour 30 too so they are high on the list .

I’m in no rush so will sit patient until the right deal comes up .

Cheers mate

I'm Twisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Oh thanks do you know what he wants for them?
    £3,750. He's in York. He hasn't posted any pics.
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast