+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Marantz CD 6000 OSE KI Signature CD Player

I'm Geoff.

Default FS: Marantz CD 6000 OSE KI Signature CD Player

This mistakenly went into long term storage in the UK when I moved to Vietnam around 10 years ago. It is a Marantz CD 6000 OSE KI Signature CD Player. For those not familiar with the KI range, Marantz performed a major overhaul of some of their best cd players by upgrading power supplies and key components and performing various tweaks to reduce vibrations and contain stray magnetic fields.
    It is in excellent condition with very little usage. Since “discovering” and unboxing it I have only used it to test that everything is in working order.

One feature that may appeal to some potential buyers is that it can be used without a pre-amp as the rca output level can be controlled from the remote control. You will see from the photos that it comes with the remote control and documentation (including the KI Signature factory upgrade certificate). Those in the know will appreciate the sound quality of this unit.
    I reckon that £195 including UK shipping is a fair price.

BTW, that is a piece of fluff on the KI logo in the photo. The unit is in excellent cosmetic condition.

20180821_172000_HDR~2.jpg20180821_171832_HDR~2.jpg20180821_171820_HDR~2.jpg20180821_171326_HDR~2.jpg

I'm Geoff.

This review gives an idea of the performance of the upgraded player https://www.dutchaudioclassics.nl/re...00KI-CDplayer/

I'm Brian.

I’ve got one of these (bought from a fellow AoS member) to tide me over until I resolved my Linn Karik CD player issue. Fantastic build quality and remarkable sound, which easily rivalled the Karik. It’s a keeper for the system in the study. Sadly the Karik is terminally ill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm richard.

Great player; I have it hooked into a MDAC. Its a keeper for me. GLWS

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Superb player. The mods pushed it well beyond its price bracket - performance is stunning on this. GLWTS.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by BDD View Post
    I’ve got one of these (bought from a fellow AoS member) to tide me over until I resolved my Linn Karik CD player issue. Fantastic build quality and remarkable sound, which easily rivalled the Karik. It’s a keeper for the system in the study. Sadly the Karik is terminally ill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When the Karik dies and is kremated why not buy another KI?

I'm Curtis.

I would like to offer £150 for this cdp if it is still available.
    Thanks
    Curtis

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    I would like to offer £150 for this cdp if it is still available.
    Thanks
    Curtis
    Never known anyone to try to chip at asking price before, Curtis, but it's probably best dealt with via pm. Just saying!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Curtis.

I will get me coat.

I'm Curtis.

I am afraid pm’s don’t seem to work for me on this forum.
    @sherwood, i got your email and understand your views.
    However its a risk for mr buying an old cdp that has not been in use so i will respectfully withdraw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast