+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapping a car

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    With all the same failed parts, or had they done rectification .
    All the same, nothing done. I had a good look when the car was waiting to be driven in to the auction room.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    All the same, nothing done. I had a good look when the car was waiting to be driven in to the auction room.
    Blimey!

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    +1 for Mazda. We used to have a Mazda 323, which went round Europe twice, to Cornwall twice, and to Scotland many times. Never missed a beat. Of course, it got its regular servicing, and Mrs. P always checked all the fluids before long trip. It's reliability was only matched by its replacement, our Honda Civic.

Don't really know about French cars, though Mrs. P had a Renault Laguna many years ago, and said it was great, trouble-free and very comfortable.
    I had a Renault 16 once... Head gasket went, so did the car...

Mind you, I had an Alfa 164 (one of 4 Alfas I've had - loved each and every one) and the head gasket went on that after about 125k miles...

It only took 4 Allen keys and 2 spanners as I recall, and a couple of hours or so, to fit a new one in the street outside the house.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Pete

Micro Seiki DD40/MA505/Denon DL304
    Musical Fidelity MX-VYNL
    Musical Fidelity X-A200R
    ATC scm11

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You can always buy a Fiat or Dacia, that way you don't have to wait for the car to become scrap, 'cos it already is .
    That reminds me of a joke told to me by my best friend who was a teacher - he got it off one of the kids.

Q: Would you like a pair of wiper blades for your Skoda?
    A: Sounds like a fair exchange.
    Dave

I'm Darren.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    If it was born between 1990 - 2000 and drank petrol, it was probably bought for the catalytic converter. I just weighed in the cat from my 1997 BMW for £500, unfortunately the cat on my 1993 BMW was replaced before I bought it . An OEM cat from a 1991-97 2.3 Prelude will weigh in for over a grand!
    Darren.
    Listening Room.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    Turn Table. Garrard 401, Reso Mat, 2 Tier Slate Plinth, DIY Hadcock GH242, Nick G modded Lentek, Denon DL-103.
    Pre Amp. Croft Super Micro2. Power Amps Quad 405 Mono Blocks.
    Speakers. TBC

Home Cinema.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    DAC/Pre Amp. Denon AVC X3700H.
    BDP/Streamer. Panasonic DP-UB820EB / Apple TV4K.
    Display. Optoma UHD51 / DIY False Black Window Screen.
    Power Amps. 2 x Nakamichi AVP1.
    Front Speakers. DIY Baby Celestion Ditton 66. Surround Speakers. Celestion Ditton 11. Subwoofer. BK Electronics P12 300SB PR.

Old Gallery. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-of-the-70%92s

I'm Steve.

What makes 'em so valuable? Rarity or scrap value?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Alex.

My 1962 Mini has been stationary, decomposing (a bit) for more than 20 years, it's going up in value, about once every fortnight, someone expresses interest in it.

I would like to renovate it, has a 1275 engine, but too much to do to the house.
    Spendorman

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    My 1962 Mini has been stationary, decomposing (a bit) for more than 20 years, it's going up in value, about once every fortnight, someone expresses interest in it.

I would like to renovate it, has a 1275 engine, but too much to do to the house.
    Scrap the house, move into the Mini. Might have to downsize the hifi tho
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post

I've rebuilt old Minis that have stood for years. The amount of rust that gets into the floors, sills, A sections and rear subframe area can be unbelievable. All repairable though. And, no matter how long they've stood, they always start with a bit of fresh juice and a battery!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Darren.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    What makes 'em so valuable? Rarity or scrap value?
    Scrap value. Platinum, Palladium, even an audiophile favourite Rhodium... Some argue the higher the Rhodium content the better the exhaust note, YMMV quite literally....
    Darren.
    Listening Room.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    Turn Table. Garrard 401, Reso Mat, 2 Tier Slate Plinth, DIY Hadcock GH242, Nick G modded Lentek, Denon DL-103.
    Pre Amp. Croft Super Micro2. Power Amps Quad 405 Mono Blocks.
    Speakers. TBC

Home Cinema.
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    DAC/Pre Amp. Denon AVC X3700H.
    BDP/Streamer. Panasonic DP-UB820EB / Apple TV4K.
    Display. Optoma UHD51 / DIY False Black Window Screen.
    Power Amps. 2 x Nakamichi AVP1.
    Front Speakers. DIY Baby Celestion Ditton 66. Surround Speakers. Celestion Ditton 11. Subwoofer. BK Electronics P12 300SB PR.

Old Gallery. http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-of-the-70%92s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast