+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beresford TC-7535 Caiman SEG DAC + Dorado PSU replacement?

Default Beresford TC-7535 Caiman SEG DAC + Dorado PSU replacement?

Hey all,

I currently have the Beresford TC-7535 Caiman SEG DAC + Dorado.

* It has supercapacitors and CMOS clock upgrades with the SEG30 firmware.
    * The Dorado was fed by an R-Core linear PSU outputting at 15v that has died on me.

Does anyone know the best budget PSU to feed the Dorado in the setup?

Cheers.

I'm Jerry.

Really sorry to hear about this as you bought from me! Always worked perfectly when I had it.
    Have you checked the fuse, cables etc? Did it just stop working or was it intermittent?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

No worries, these things happen, just bad luck. It was working perfectly and sounded so good for some time before. Was very happy with the purchase. It wasn't intermittent and shown no sign of impending failure, just stoped working the other day.

When I turn on the PSU I get a little flicker on the bottom right of the voltage indicator display but nothing else. If I leave it on it will get warm but not show a voltage output or power up the Dorado. I was thinking I wouldn't get the warmth if it was the fuse and the cable is all good but maybe I'm wrong?

Cheers

I'm Alastair.

I used my Ankaka battery to output 16V to the Dorado to give 15V to my SEG. That seemed to work well except each time I turned the battery on it would reset to 12V output. Now sold-on.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by sanchezxxx View Post
    No worries, these things happen, just bad luck. It was working perfectly and sounded so good for some time before. Was very happy with the purchase. It wasn't intermittent and shown no sign of impending failure, just stoped working the other day.

When I turn on the PSU I get a little flicker on the bottom right of the voltage indicator display but nothing else. If I leave it on it will get warm but not show a voltage output or power up the Dorado. I was thinking I wouldn't get the warmth if it was the fuse and the cable is all good but maybe I'm wrong?

Cheers
    Have a look inside it may be something obvious. If not, take a couple of good photos and put them on AOS. You never know you may get some good advice.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

Hey All,

Took the PSU apart.

Noticed some discolouration around cable connecting to on/off switch and underside of the of the LTLinear chip where it connects to the circuit board.

Any clues?

Cheers

I'm Jerry.

Try posting on the DIY section.
    Just a thought-you mentioned you wanted to upgrade the pre-amp section in your DAC. Could Stan Beresford look at it for you? (he lives in London).
    Jerry

I'm Stefan.

Default Mains power cable?

I had a similar problem with a linear psu. It turned out to be bad contact from the mains power cable. Another cable solved the problem.

+ Reply to Thread