+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi all, newbie to this forum

I'm Frank.

Default Hi all, newbie to this forum

Hi, Names's Leppy, simply a nickname I had at school a long, long time ago because my surnames Lepora. I,ve always had reasonable hifi kit nothing super hi end. Over the last few years I,ve been buying kit as I,ve seen it appear at ridiculously low prices so if there's a shortage out there it,s probably because it's all in my loft.Made a list of it last weekend and it includes 7 amps, 4 cd players,4 cassette players, 5 turntables, 6 sets of speakers and dvd and vhs players (incl 2 panasonic nv'fs200, one working ,one for spares). I,ve 3 setups in different rooms each with a turntable, amp ,cassette deck, cd and dvd.2 sound organisation stands and an old target stand on my landing. I live in Lincolnshire luckily in a stone house with thick walls so I can crank it up.Also about a 1000 lp's,a 1000 jazz cassettes, and a few cd's. You can prob tell I,m not married but I have been. Nice to meet you all.

I'm Rob.

Hi Frank, your stash is nothing out of the norm for us poor afflicted I think I have about 11 amps, 4 or 5 preamps, 5 or 6 Dacs, and other assorted detritus....but only one TT....so I think I need to get help or maybe increase my medication.

Tell us which bits of kit you mainly listen to and what sort of music floats your boat.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Frank.

Default Kit

As I said , nothing high end. Mostly listen to music from the 60's ( my formative years) and early 70's plus a few obsessive bits in later decades. I suppose blues, folk, folk rock but also some dark stuff. A massive fan of Nick Cave. Quite varied I suppose. Fairly scathing of chart stuff. I never really listened to jazz but about 4 or 5 yrs ago I was looking for some old cassettes TDK SA etc just to play around with and came across someone selling a large amount locally. He was selling them as blank because of copyright but it ended up that there was about 800 covering pretty much a complete history of jazz from the 20's to the 80's with a big emphasis on 50's and 60's bepop etc.Wonderful stuff, live recordings, recordings from american radio, copies of lp's . Also bought a jvc QL A2deck, 3 spare heads with shure, AT and Nagaoka cartridges. I,m embarrased how little they cost me. My main listening is on a Thorens td166bc with rega rb250 ,a (recently purchased for £10) denon avr 2307, Nakamichi tape deck, denon cd player and Lynn helix speakers. I never liked the Lynns , much too bright, but played around with them a couple of weeks ago, bi-amped them through the denon avr, repositioned them closer to the wall and the difference is incredible. Lovely now.
    2nd system is a dual cs505-4 tt, denon avc 3800 amp, just swapped from the previous set up. Before that a tag McLaren f60i which itself replaced, under insurance, an audiolab 8000a which burned out during a lightning strike.denon cassette deck, pioneer cd player into kef q30's.

+ Reply to Thread