+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technics SL-P1200B, Ex BBC CD player

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Regarding your advert. To be fair, it's not really "incredibly rare". Although it all depends on how one regards the term "incredibly rare".

I'm afraid you're being rather optimistic with your asking price. The top model people go for is the SL-P990. And that goes for way below what you're hoping for. The Germans are keen on the 1200. But even they would be unwilling to fork out what you're asking. The last time I looked, I think £650 was the most a German seller was advertising one for. Don't know if it went for that.

Just be prepared to be disappointed if you're hoping to get anywhere near what you would like.
    I can assure you that I won’t be disappointed and I disagree about you saying it’s not “ incredibly rare “ it’s fully working, in excellent condition and show me all the other ex bbc ones that were in the same condition, or that are currently for sale ? Like this ONE .... ( in Germany! )

http://www.audioscope.net/technics-s...io-p-1939.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Frank.

Well, Andy, having had a few, I can tell you they're not as "incredibly rare" as you imagine, condition apart.

And we'll see this time next week, who was right, and who was wrong, won't we?

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Well, Andy, having had a few, I can tell you they're not as "incredibly rare" as you imagine, condition apart.

And we'll see this time next week, who was right, and who was wrong, won't we?
    Or before
    I appreciate your input

I'm Frank.

Well there's no accounting for people's actions. The Meridian 104 tuner has gone crazy in recent months, for some reason... (£350).

http://ebay.co.uk/itm/313105854558

An English one would be less.

The SL-P1300 was the top model of that line, but available only to the US market.

I'm Andrew.

You know what, perhaps I was a little over optimistic

I'm Frank.

More than a little, I'd say. Not snapped up - even at your reduced start.

Oh, and it wasn't just the BBC that had it in studios. It was in studio use around the world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12