+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neurochrome power amp

I'm Ian.

I was looking through the Audiophonics (french) site earlier and noticed they were selling neurochrome amps.

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    I was looking through the Audiophonics (french) site earlier and noticed they were selling neurochrome amps.
    Only the kits as far as i can see and at a higher price than importing from canada

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    you fancy making one ian ?
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Ian.

Was more thinking of a pre built entry model to get a feel for them, longer term if all went well maybe a higher spec with soft start, speaker protection etc. Depends on what comes along, thinking others might be further diwn the same road and looking to up spec.

Not in any great rush really like my nord ncores

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Ian View Post
    Was more thinking of a pre built entry model to get a feel for them, longer term if all went well maybe a higher spec with soft start, speaker protection etc. Depends on what comes along, thinking others might be further diwn the same road and looking to up spec.

Not in any great rush really like my nord ncores
    I’d order the bits and make one yourself mate.

I’ve just made one and it was honestly a piece of piss. If I can do it anybody can. If you can turn a screwdriver and Allen key you will be fine . Tom’s instructions have made it idiot proof , I’m proof of that. It’s like lego for Hifi nerds . Screw the boards to the chassis and connect point A to B with wires. I asked Tom to provide all the hardware I needed so it all arrive in one box ready to go , he even sent the cad drawing off to Modu for me for them to drill the chassis. Toroidy made the traffo with 4 windings to make it dual mono .

Was quite enjoyable too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Martin.

Default Amp

BigBird what’s the costs for the all-in-one-box? What’s included? Did you order 686?
    Thanks

I'm Kevin.

Karl ordered assembled boards, and all of the other parts separately to build his 686.
    I didn't know that was an option, otherwise I may have done it.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Majsterjanek View Post
    BigBird what’s the costs for the all-in-one-box? What’s included? Did you order 686?
    Thanks
    Hey mate so I ordered the boards assembled as mentioned , this took away any possibility of me ballsing things up, Tom provided cad drawings to modushop (I just made up a logo and sent it to them ) , I also asked Tom to provide me with a hardware kit of all screws , stand-offs , hookup wire , thermal paste etc .

I then ordered a toroidy supreme audio grade traffo 800va with 4 x 25V windings to make it dual mono. I bought a few metres of Neotech 7N UPOCC wiring for the signal paths from inputs to outputs on the speaker posts and Viborg pure copper ,Teflon insulated carbon RCAs and speaker posts .

Total cost was around $2500 but if you are confident soldering the boards , don’t use speaker protection and use a different power supply like smps you can build one for under 2k

I wanted to go top spec with no compromises as I feel this amp deserves the best . You can see in the photos how simple it’s is. Just turn a screw driver and connect point A to B .

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Martin.

Thanks for thorough full info mmm I love it! Is the chassis custom made or supplied by Neurochrome as well?
    Cheers

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Majsterjanek View Post
    Thanks for thorough full info mmm I love it! Is the chassis custom made or supplied by Neurochrome as well?
    Cheers
    It’s a real beast mate .

The chassis is Modushop 4U . Tom provided them with the CAD for all of the holes , I provided my own logo .

It’s huge. Pretty much the same size and weight as all three of my Croft boxes together

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast