+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Cambridge, UK!

I'm David.

Default Hello from Cambridge, UK!

Hi,
    My serious interest in listening to HiFi began in 1976 after purchasing a Naim 160 and LP12 from (the late) Julian Vereker, then based in Salt Lane, Salisbury. Modified the system numerous times with final upgrade to a Naim 250 and Linn Isobariks. Delved into valve power in the early 90’s with a pair of EAR 549’s, but tired of paying £250+ per year for servicing to Tim de Paravicini. Townshend Rock, Xcaliber and some Townshend Tors completed this system. The new century saw a return to Naim with a fast track through SBL’s and 135’s to a Tri-amped 500 system with NBL’s, LP12, Aro and Armageddon, CDS3, plus a modest Nakamichi cassette deck.
    The Tri-amped system was rarely used due to my travels, more recently both health and hearing have taken a big hit so the majority of the equipment has been disposed of in recent months. Nevertheless, I still have for sale, and can demonstrate, a pristine Naim NAP 500 with Power Supply, Naim 252 Pre-amp and Supercap, complete with remote control etc. If you are interested please call me on: 07770 833 337.
    My most musical experience achieved was with an LP12, Grace and Supex in the late 70’s, an expensive upgrade in the early 80’s with trampoline, Itok and Asak was perhaps more dynamic, perhaps more neutral? But, after some consideration lengthy consideration, less sublime and less magical.
    I listen to many types of music, classical jazz and pop, performers providing special enjoyment include Amy Winehouse, Carly Simon and Art Garfunkle. My favourite recent cd being the sound track from ‘A Star is Born’ with Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. I continue to grow my cd collection with regular visits to Charity Shops obtaining a huge variety of music for 50pence or £1 per disc.
    David

I'm Dave.

Welcome from another David.

Can't have too many Daves.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Welcome from another David.

Can't have too many Daves.
    Far too many in my phone's contacts list. Cattery Dave, Dave the Rave, Big Dave, Medium Dave. And a couple of plain old Daves. All have equal importance to me, I don't have a fave Dave
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Dave.

Sorry to learn of your health and hearing difficulties - but as has been discussed elsewhere here in the forum, a degradation in hearing is not necessarily a reason to dispense with a high quality system and replace it with one of a lesser quality.

But if you do want to sell some of your gear, you can place an advert in 'Private Exhibitions'. (https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...-(please-read))

What are you using at the moment to listen to your charity shop finds?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hi David. Welcome to AOS.

Join in and chat with the members, they're all friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread