Very nice sounding 160wpc power amp. It's a studio workhorse design. Had it for years but hardly used in my second system.

It uses Yamaha's EEEngine technology, efficient like class D but cleaner sounding and more involving than some expensive Ice Power amps I had. It also has a damping factor of 200 so really grips speakers, in fact the bass can sound a bit weak if you're used to loose flabby bass, but it's just really tight. I've found it helps control bass in difficult rooms too.

It's got quite a few scratches on the top and no feet (that's how they come, well not the scratches ). I've put pads on the bottom but some cheap cones could easily be stuck on and improve the (already very good) sound further. It doesn't look bad from the front but see what you think.

It takes XLR (or jack) line in and has standard speaker outs for bananas, spades or cables. I can chuck in some RCA adaptors if you need them.

The plug has been removed and a female IEC socket added to the end of the cable for your cable of choice. I planned to cut the cable right back and replace the IEC socket just outside the case but never got round to it.

It also has attenuator dials on the front and I found turning it down a few notches from full changes the character a bit and makes it slightly less revealing - a handy tweak that actually works very well on digital sources.

A bargain for £80 collected from near Durham, to reflect the condition.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk