+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes?

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

My own personal feelings of how these things may [or may not] work, and thus how in theory; could possibly have an affect on Audio systems, has changed somewhat since I first started researching them, well,,, I say researching, what I mean is, looking into them, and my current theory is this;
    They are an Antenna, and like all Antenna’s they are tuned to receive/pick up paticular bands of frequencies, and since these devices are usually connected to the 0V of one’s system, where depending on how well the system as a whole is connected to each other, there can for arguments sake be spurious high frequencies present, thus the Antenna, and the frequencies it is tuned to react to and receive, may or may not be out of phase with the frequencies floating around the 0v of the system, and thus may or may not have a crude kind of cancelation affect at certain frequencies.
    Just my ramblings!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    My own personal feelings of how these things may [or may not] work, and thus how in theory; could possibly have an affect on Audio systems, has changed somewhat since I first started researching them, well,,, I say researching, what I mean is, looking into them, and my current theory is this;
    They are an Antenna, and like all Antenna’s they are tuned to receive/pick up paticular bands of frequencies, and since these devices are usually connected to the 0V of one’s system, where depending on how well the system as a whole is connected to each other, there can for arguments sake be spurious high frequencies present, thus the Antenna, and the frequencies it is tuned to react to and receive, may or may not be out of phase with the frequencies floating around the 0v of the system, and thus may or may not have a crude kind of cancelation affect at certain frequencies.
    Just my ramblings!
    A...
    kinda my take too..noise cancellation on occasion, and maybe sometimes making it worse or no effect
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Going back to the antenna thoughts, if you like, you can just use a cable with an rca or xlr connector on one end and the leave the other end open or terminated with a 50Ohm resistor. To which you can cut down to a particular length, just like the ham radio guys do to perform a VSWR test to achieve the closest most desirable standing wave ratio of one for a given frequency. That would would help you with your thoughts of that one Anthony and can done for very little outlay plus zero vampire poo involvement. May take a little time to achieve the desired results but a cost effective way of trying out a theroy.

You could even use a CB vswr meter and some N type connectors however it may prove useful.
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

Maybe we should all go back to the days where all your hi-fi was in one nicely presented[ or not, depending on taste ] piece of furniture, where all the individual parts ie; Turntable,Tuner, and tape, whether 8 track or the new fangled Casette, were all on the same short ground or 0V, where there was lesser chance of these harmful frequencies [brought about by the use of seperates, joined together by fancy interconnects, and mains leads, cobbling everything together all at an average of 1mtr apart] to impede on our listening enjoyment of the latest trending artist of the day, yes, lets bring back,,,the Radiogram/Stereogram!
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.

I'm Tony.

Why not indeed I remember the Bush stereo music center, radio, cassette and LP's spoilt for choice we were in them days

Plus zero vampire poo to boot
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Jeremy.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Just my ramblings!
    A...
    Right, except the "cancellation" part is just something audiophiles tell themselves to make themselves feel better. The increase in noise is easily measurable.

Here's a tid-bit, there's a company that makes RF generators you can place around the room. They say the "cancellation" bit but in real time we can barely do cancellation in a small amount of octaves for the audio band, just enough to make a pair of headphones slightly quieter to the outside world. What we can't do is real time RF phase cancellation - not even close. If we could we wouldn't use jammers as we know them today, they'd be totally different. You would be able to emit small cancellation waves of other WiFi networks so your signal would be better... none of this is possible with our tech today.

This is classic assumption that better sound = better measurements and it just isn't the subjective reality we all live in. But if you talk to someone not in the audio field they'll assume when you say something sounds better that it measures better... they just don't know.

I'm Grant.

MIilitary RF Interference Cancellation has been going on for some time
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jeremy.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    MIilitary RF Interference Cancellation has been going on for some time

It isn't phase cancellation that leaves anything clean behind. Not even close. The frequencies are too small to be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
    Why not indeed I remember the Bush stereo music center, radio, cassette and LP's spoilt for choice we were in them days

Plus zero vampire poo to boot
    Nikola Tesla

Be interesting to hear a bit more of your take on it Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by Folsom View Post
    Right, except the "cancellation" part is just something audiophiles tell themselves to make themselves feel better. The increase in noise is easily measurable.

Here's a tid-bit, there's a company that makes RF generators you can place around the room. They say the "cancellation" bit but in real time we can barely do cancellation in a small amount of octaves for the audio band, just enough to make a pair of headphones slightly quieter to the outside world. What we can't do is real time RF phase cancellation - not even close. If we could we wouldn't use jammers as we know them today, they'd be totally different. You would be able to emit small cancellation waves of other WiFi networks so your signal would be better... none of this is possible with our tech today.

This is classic assumption that better sound = better measurements and it just isn't the subjective reality we all live in. But if you talk to someone not in the audio field they'll assume when you say something sounds better that it measures better... they just don't know.
    Nikola Tesla

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast