+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Grounding boxes?

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    I'm sure that this was discussed extensively on this forum a few months ago.

The trouble with using your own ears is that we cannot remove placebo effects unless DB tests are involved.
    Yep, agree. I'm science based, but with this hobby, as we know it's not that simple, so I have a simple adage for my own personal system and requirements. If I think it sounds good then it goes in my system if not it stays out. I'm not bothered about anyone else!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Mr C seems to have done quite a bit of work with these, so maybe he can comment.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Yep, agree. I'm science based, but with this hobby, as we know it's not that simple, so I have a simple adage for my own personal system and requirements. If I think it sounds good then it goes in my system if not it stays out. I'm not bothered about anyone else!
    It is not just a hobby for me.
    I would like to be in that psychological position, but it is evident that many people are in highly subjective worlds on every subject. This may provide a comfort zone for them, but it is to me quite unhealthy because it prevents interaction and hence growth of the individual beyond, perhaps childish, concepts.

I see as the outcome a world in which everyone is strictly adhering to personal views and tastes, much often based on early environmental imprinting, and which often prevents mature interaction and negotiation with others.

When I reflect on some early 'bonding', often with stereotypes, I realise that I was susceptible and naively guided into certain stances by populist culture.

A good example might be the adoption of smoking, often adopted in late childhood, this despite the often nauseous effects it has on first partaking.

In Antony Storr's The Dynamics of Creation, he depicts a certain personality type which is able, to a much greater extent than normal, live with unresolved issues; the tensions of discord, or cognitive dissonance.

I currently live with a system which often is excruciating, but it repeatedly reveals things I have never heard before, even after 2 and 1/2 years. It enables me to see where I have 'papered over the cracks' and formed an internal illusion.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Mr C seems to have done quite a bit of work with these, so maybe he can comment.
    A...
    It is not the usual style of Mr C to comment on his products on an open forum.

I know people who have tried them and liked them, and other people have tried them and seen no benefit.
    I think they are very system/system owner dependant.

To the OP, try one and see and if works for you is probably the best advice.
    It is your system, and your ears at the end of the day.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Adam.

I'd love to know how a wooden box containing stuff that isn't actually connected to ground can be called a 'grounding box'...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Laurie.

I tried several Entreq products, grounding box, power dist, cords. They do make a significant difference, found yes they reduce noise floor, but to my ears they sterilise the musical msg. Similar effect to russ Andrews and other expensive mains filters, less noise, less music. Much prefer good quality cords and high quality outlets. My fave are oyaide.
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

I'm Barrington.

I think you are asking the wrong question. As an Entreq user, in my set up and several of my friends find them effective and use them. However if you don't perceive an issue with background noise why use them at all.

I'm Laurie.

I feel mains effect of filters are like single ended v balanced, Or silver v copper, different not better.
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

I'm Jeremy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    I tried several Entreq products, grounding box, power dist, cords. They do make a significant difference, found yes they reduce noise floor, but to my ears they sterilise the musical msg. Similar effect to russ Andrews and other expensive mains filters, less noise, less music. Much prefer good quality cords and high quality outlets. My fave are oyaide.

They sound like they reduce the noise floor. But they do not actually do that. They can however mask some of it.

What are they? They are a tuned antenna. Measured, verified, repeatable. The effect is known within design community.

What are they not? A grounding device. Please refer to the first rule of an electrical circuit, you must have a complete circuit (loop) for electricity to flow. Something waving in the wind by itself is not part of the loop. Basic physics, irrefutable to our existence by 100% of all physicist and electronics engineers.

Are they go subjectively? If HiFi sound is your goal, yes. They undoubtedly change the sound. Do I think it is an improvement? No. I am perfectly content calling them kitty-litter boxes. I have no desire to increase artificial sound attributes, very unnatural, decrease in resolution where character depreciates and “detail” is unnaturally pulled forward.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi.

Could anyone give me any idea if these voodoo-like boxes actually work?

I ask because a friend of mine in Belgium has just bought some Entreq boxes and he says they really do make a positive difference. He's certainly not one to make stuff up, so... do they work?

The more I look on the net about the 'grounding box' in general is that they are a box with a copper conductor inside filled with rubble and crystals.

I love my crystals and I do believe they can be used to comfort people.

So... any ideas on these mysterious things?
    Hello Josie

You might like to try the CAD Ground Control reference system, there is an article about it in July HiFi+ magazine, It can be configured in several ways apparently, according to the article it’s worth every penny of the £20,500 price. By the way it only weighs 50kg

Happy listening😃
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast