+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where do I start\upgrade online streamer

I'm Laurie.

Wow, offhand query about platforms and this flood of really useful stuff appears.
    Personally listen to a lot or radio on fm and ether, keep notes of stuff I like listen again on tidal then buy cd or Lp.
    Haven’t yet heard a platform that is faithful to original, must try mobile wireless router again, local broadband sucks.
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

I'm Martin.

Laurie you have some very nice gear in your system. If you can hear differences in ethernet cable inputs to your DAC, then I’m sure you would be delighted if you tried an improved network switch.

Uptone audio etherregen can be trialled at home for 30 days no quibble returns. One of the 2 biggest improvements to sound quality in my streaming rig. I’ve improved it even further with a well designed linear power supply and a boutique fuse. Ive had some network stability issues about 6 months after I put this in the system and that all went away and I got another improvement in SQ by putting another network switch infront of it and using that for the apple TV connection. This switch is a Cisco2960 8 port fanless model that i picked up 2nd hand on ebay for £40.

Then I changed my ethernet cabling between the switch and my power DAC from chord C stream to AQ Vodka and could not hear any clear differences in SQ immediately. I thought i could hear an improvement the next day but it was subtle and possibly imagined

The Cisco switch was one of the first that was getting internet fora debate with users noting improvements in their rigs SQ.

Computer audiophile forums have much content in this space, you get the odd distractors from networking engineers saying its just 1s and zeros and its all psycho acoustics who never actually give these things a try. Trust me improvements in streaming can be significant and easy to hear.

I have a Chinese radio hams OXCO clock salvaged from 4g masts that cost me £90, its a project that needs a few tweaks still but this is another cost effective improvement reported by users of the etherregen. You can also chain the cisco to the etherregen with a fibre optic link to improve electrical isolation even further. Less esoteric more hifi options are available too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Some guys even chain 3 switches together and report improvements, its a veritable rabbit hole ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Laurie.

Am saving for a switch, may try mobile broadband router to test mr c assertion that it avoids a lot of cable related probs.
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123