+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WANTED: Technics SH 10 C unit

I'm David.

Default WANTED: Technics SH 10 C unit

As I said in my "new member" post, I have an old Technics SP 10 mk2 turntable. It's the BBC version and I can't use it because I'm missing the Technics "SH 10 C" unit.

Anyone here has one of those for sale? I'm really interested in buying it!

Let me know, please.

I'm David.

No one?

I'm David.

Still looking for one...

I'm Graham.

It might be worth contacting someone like MCRU or Longdog or an audio repairer/ engineer to see if they can make something bespoke. Probably not cheap but worth it for an SP10.
    Maybe worth asking if you can borrow a SH 10 C to base the design on.

I'm Mike.

Timestep version :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263494280613

Pretty sure there's also schematic to build a PSU available via the SP10 thread on the DIYAudio forum

I'm Graham.

Nice one

I'm Mike.

I'm James.

Not the cheapest way to acquire one, but there is the complete setup on eBay right now. Could keep the bits you want and sell the remains? Probably quite a good market for spares etc

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by jagdesign View Post
    Not the cheapest way to acquire one, but there is the complete setup on eBay right now. Could keep the bits you want and sell the remains? Probably quite a good market for spares etc
    Have to agree (more than one way to skin the cat) - seller taking offers too https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ex-BBC-Lo...wAAOSwGTVfkvGm

*Just to add - The power supply alone, with a clean bill of health could fetch around £400, so would be worth getting someone here to give it a service/once over before selling that on, as I say with a clean bill of health/serviced.
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 28-10-2020 at 17:42.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Have to agree (more than one way to skin the cat) - seller taking offers too https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ex-BBC-Lo...wAAOSwGTVfkvGm

*Just to add - The power supply alone, with a clean bill of health could fetch around £400, so would be worth getting someone here to give it a service/once over before selling that on, as I say with a clean bill of health/serviced.
    Yes, I saw that one. Would have bought it already but they won’t mail it due to weight! And I’m in Barcelona so ...

+ Reply to Thread