+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phono stage recommendations

I'm Brian.

Default Phono stage recommendations

I’m possibly in the market for a MM phono stage - budget maybe around £200-£300 or so. Does anyone have any recommendations, albeit I recognise that personal preference will come into this. I used a Graham Slee headphone amp for a while, and really liked it, I may investigate some options there. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Laurie.

Pure sound I found ex vfm.
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

I'm Dave.

Rega Fono MM @ £199.

I'm Mike.

Emotive XPS-1 £130 delivered next day UK.

MM/MC changeable settings via dip switches, powered via 12v 2 pin wallwart and travel adapter.

Bought to tide me over while my own phono stage is away for upgrade, no longer needed as the Denon integrated I just bought has built in phono so that will do until my stage returns.

I'm pretty impressed with the Emotiva and I've heard plenty up to £3000. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Edit: just realised this isn't a wanted thread doh!

Having said that ... Don't hesitate to get in touch if interested before I put up an advert.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by BDD View Post
    I’m possibly in the market for a MM phono stage - budget maybe around £200-£300 or so. Does anyone have any recommendations, albeit I recognise that personal preference will come into this. I used a Graham Slee headphone amp for a while, and really liked it, I may investigate some options there. Thanks.

If you can push to it

https://www.analogueseduction.net/ph...honostage.html

or

https://www.analogueseduction.net/ph...honostage.html

or

https://www.analogueseduction.net/ph...honostage.html for future flexibility

or if you can find one

https://www.whathifi.com/cambridge-a...ur-640p/review (I used to have one and they are very good out of the box)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cambridge...kAAOSwGBtfFuP8
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm jamie.

You may be in the price bracket for a bigbottle phono stage, have a chat with Bigman80 over on audio addicts forum.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Brian.

Thank you all very much for your recommendations and offers - lots to consider there! Unfortunately my Karik CD player seems to be terminally ill (PSU fried) so I may have to sink some funds into a new player or at least transport - the joys!

I'm Brian.

Appreciate the time you’ve taken to share those links - some bedtime reading! Thank you.

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Emotive XPS-1 £130 delivered next day UK.

MM/MC changeable settings via dip switches, powered via 12v 2 pin wallwart and travel adapter.

Bought to tide me over while my own phono stage is away for upgrade, no longer needed as the Denon integrated I just bought has built in phono so that will do until my stage returns.

I'm pretty impressed with the Emotiva and I've heard plenty up to £3000. I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Edit: just realised this isn't a wanted thread doh!

Having said that ... Don't hesitate to get in touch if interested before I put up an advert.
    Many thanks Mikeyb - that sounds a nice versatile phono.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast