+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Huge collection of CDs

I'm Dave.

Default FS: Huge collection of CDs

I have about 750 CDs that I am thinking of selling. I would like to gauge any interest here before going to the huge effort of listing them all. I was thinking of asking £500 job lot. Obviously no commitment to buy, just interest enough for me to list all titles. Ignore all but the CDs in the picture please. Top and bottom shelf have another row of CDs behind. Actually, maybe I can take pictures of all of them on end?
    Dave

I'm Jochen.

The upper shelf board will be relieved:-)

I'm Chris.

Unless special, most CDs can be bought in charity shops for £1. Specifically in these circumstances you can cherry pick and only buy the albums you want.

People prepared to buy job lots such as car booters will need to make a profit and I would suggest they may only pay 25p each. The only way you will make reasonable money is to pick out the gems and list them for selling separately. I have given loads of unwanted CDs to charity shops. To make any money against the cost of your effort and postage is a challenge.
    Good luck
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Lawrence.

Probably best off taking the photos of the sides as you say then people can see what they are. If You're prepared to sell individual albums and post them you'll get more, then probably sell the rest as a job lot dirt cheap like was said.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    Unless special, most CDs can be bought in charity shops for £1. Specifically in these circumstances you can cherry pick and only buy the albums you want.

People prepared to buy job lots such as car booters will need to make a profit and I would suggest they may only pay 25p each. The only way you will make reasonable money is to pick out the gems and list them for selling separately. I have given loads of unwanted CDs to charity shops. To make any money against the cost of your effort and postage is a challenge.
    Good luck
    Cut out the middle man and do a car boot yourself. Or even a record fair. Course there's always the danger you come home with more than you left with
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Mike.

All i can see is Indecent Proposal.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Dave.

Thanks for your comments (and for moving thread into proper place).

There are closer to 950 CDs plus 20-odd box sets. Hopefully most titles legible on following

Last edited by Dandy; 19-07-2020 at 13:28. Reason: Rotated pictures
    Dave

I'm Dave.

Lockdown pastime - see if you can spot any gems. I’ll kick off with Pink Floyd The Wall MFSL gold Ultradisk UDCD 2-537, there’s one on eBay for £500
    Dave

I'm Micky.

Pm sent

I'm Dennis.

There's bound to be stuff in there that I would want, but I cant see well enough to know from the pictures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast