+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you use in between your speakers and their stands ?

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Thanks Ray , I have used black too on many an occasion until on one occasion it pulled the veneer off on some Kef 103’s , I guess it won’t damage these though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I've heard that but I have used it on my speakers for 7 years without any problem, just replaced as I tried the vibrapods which did not work for me. Isopucks I think will be good but they are pretty expensive.

Those Hudsons look quite good, you may get away withe the 0.75 size, which are much cheaper: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RBN6C...2WTDd3a6L?th=1

I'm Howard.

Blue Tac

Haven't thought about it all that much, I don't remember doing a with/without hearing test either, though I might have done.

I'm brian.

Ikea Bamboo butchers block, not pretty to look at , but pretty effective sound wise me thinks. These are used as equipment support of course.
    My stands are metal and they move around on castors, so ugly meets ugly I suppose !

I'm Francois.

I cut some of this stuff

https://www.amazon.com/Hefty-Mat-Ite.../dp/B074H5J87C

easily found in all hardware stores, made of recycled plastic (tyres or something like that), usually recommended to put underneath your white goods (washing machine, dryer).
    It works a treat, as good as blutak as it bounds the stand and the speaker base, but without the mess after.
    Francois, Bergerac, France
    Source component/s:
    Musical Fidelity M1 Dac, Allo Digi One, Sony SCD-XE800, AVID Ingenium Twin arm, Audio Note Arm One, Groovemaster II 12in, Audio Note IQ3 MM, Denon DL103R MC, Croft Basic 25, TQ Iridium Phonostage, Puresound T10 Stepup Transformer, Zavfino majestic tonearm cable
    Amplification:
    Audio Note OTO PP, Dussun V6i
    Loudspeakers:
    Triangle Comete ES, Klispch RP600M
    Cables/stands:
    Quadraspire, Belden 9497

I'm Andrew.

I have applied the ole black tac , they’re now very sturdy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

I ordered two pieces of some sort of rubber sandwich made by a firm called Diversitech - each piece is 6x6", so I'm going to cut each into 4, giving me eight 3" squares, for £12. After waiting over a week for delivery I checked what the delay was, and found they were in the basket but not purchased So still waiting.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    Yes I've heard that but I have used it on my speakers for 7 years without any problem, just replaced as I tried the vibrapods which did not work for me. Isopucks I think will be good but they are pretty expensive.

Those Hudsons look quite good, you may get away withe the 0.75 size, which are much cheaper: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RBN6C...2WTDd3a6L?th=1
    isopucks cost about 176 quid for 8 so not too bad really . very effective

https://sxpro.co.uk/isoacoustics-isopuck-8pack
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I ordered two pieces of some sort of rubber sandwich made by a firm called Diversitech - each piece is 6x6", so I'm going to cut each into 4, giving me eight 3" squares, for £12. After waiting over a week for delivery I checked what the delay was, and found they were in the basket but not purchased So still waiting.
    That reminds me I wanted to try some rubber carpet underlay as it looked just right. The minimum order was about 5m so I've got a big roll of it in the garage. Could probably get about 10,000 small feet off it, or 100+ speaker sized rectangles

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Philip.

We cut some pieces from a door mat (black rubber base, grey fabric top) and flipped them. That’s for the active monitors at the computer desk. I’m planning on trying some squash balls halved for my Tannoy Eatons.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers...

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    That reminds me I wanted to try some rubber carpet underlay as it looked just right. The minimum order was about 5m so I've got a big roll of it in the garage. Could probably get about 10,000 small feet off it, or 100+ speaker sized rectangles

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
    That sounds like it would work if the goal was simply isolation, but the design of my speakers are such that bass is augmented by ports in the base, and these ports need to 'see' some space below them, or it's bye bye bass Rubber carpet underlay would squash too much as the speakers are almost 80lbs each. Hence the Diversitech approach. It's pretty hard stuff.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast