+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi Can anyone help me to get my ipad mini to output to a Caiman SEG over USB?

I'm Mike.

Is it official camera kit you're using as I know generic ones are flaky in the iPad, ok it usually takes you right away that's there's going to be an issue

I'm Tony.

HI - yes it is a proper one.. not cheap! I'd like to get my money's worth out of it...

I'm Mike.

Actually going back to the swipe down from the top on the iPad.

I think it's actually swipe up then you then need to swipe left to get to the audio output

It's definitely on a second screen

I'm Tony.

Ahh - mine is just a lowly ipad mini 2.. it has no such screen.. I think that is the media centre on the Pro

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonostage Records View Post
    Ahh - mine is just a lowly ipad mini 2.. it has no such screen.. I think that is the media centre on the Pro
    Ah, no worries, hope you get it sorted

I'm Tony.

Default Thanks, I appreciate your efforts

Regards
    Tony

I'm TAD.

FWIW, I have a 2012 MacBook Pro, which has a headphone output, which is both optical and analogue. I use it with a Chord cable to connect into a SEG, port 1, and it works perfectly as DAC input. Only at 96khz max but as a cheapo music machine it's just fine for me. A version is also available, https://www.amazon.co.uk/QED-Perform...oslink-Optical. Alternatively, a Toslink adapter, at the end of a Toslink cable will do (about 6 quid).

Spotify for free sounds OK for my elderly ears (65++). I have not made the MBP into a music server yet, but will try to do so by year end. I believe that MBP's up to 2015 can be upgraded with additional memory, SSD'S etc., through not having soldered items on the mainboard, but I may be incorrect on the latest year.

Kind regards,

T.
    Last edited by TAD12; 15-07-2020 at 18:48.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12