+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Can anyone help me to get my ipad mini to output to a Caiman SEG over USB?

I'm Tony.

Default Hi Can anyone help me to get my ipad mini to output to a Caiman SEG over USB?

I have been reading around and other people do seem to be using ipads through USB into the Caiman. I have tried it through a USB powered hub and also with a Y splitter getting power from an ipad charger and still nothing. I’m a bit stumped. I don’t like to keep bothering Stan so has anybody any clue what is not working? I am streaming Amazon HD music and I know the USB is outputting with power as I have it working with another DAC
    Has anyone any clue why I can’t get it working with the Caiman?
    Thanks a bunch
    Tony

I'm Grant.

Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter.
    Adj vol in the settings under sounds.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Default HI - Thanks very much - tried and tries but to no avail1

Hi Grant - and everyone..

I have tried this again and still no luck! I can literally pull out the USB B plug from the Caiman and plug it straight into a Bitzie DAC and music comes out - put it back and nothing.. tried it with a split USB cable taking power off an ipad charger, tried it with a standard cable through a USB powered hub.. still nothing..

What can it be??

Thanks

Tony

I'm Grant.

might be the ipad is set up not to emit audio from usb.. some apple stuff wont, but not sure on which do and dont. i had one that didnt
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Tony.

Default It is doing though..

As I said I play music on it.. into another DAC, then take the plug out of the other DAC and put it into the Caiman and nothing.. so music is coming out.. I have had it running with two other DAC.. any other ideas maybe?

I wish I could sort it.. it's the only thing that prevents me getting proper use out of the Caiman..

I'm Tony.

Default HI - Just to add to this. I have just tried my phone

... and a Macbook air.. still no go. I wonder if the USB input is shot? I can't test it with a non-Apple device as I haven't got one.
    Could it be something to do with the amount of voltage the USB socket needs?
    I am clutching at straws of course here..

I'm Mike.

Silly question I know but you do have the SEG on correct input and DAC setting.

Are you selecting the input manually.

JUST A THOUGHT, I seem to remember on my iPad I had to pull down from the top of the screen, it then shows the WiFi, Bluetooth, airplay options, torch, brightness etc.

I'm sure you had to select which way you're outputting from the iPad as it defaults to airplay. I'm sure there's something you had to select there but it's been that long I'm going from a distant memory.

All else fails try a reset, see page 4 of the manual.

I'm Tony.

HI MikeyB

Thanks very much for the reply.. yes it is on DAC and USB input is plugged in.. I have looked around at the ipad settings - there are not many and it is outputting fine to other DACs.. so probably not that.. also I did a reset last night (because it was cycling inputs and wouldn't break out of it) so i do know it has been reset. The thing is I have been talking to Stan about upgrades - which I would like, but unless it is going to connect to my Apple devices and play Amazon HD there is no point spending the money.. Also I wanted to compare the DAC to a couple of others to see how it sounded over USB before deciding to spend the dosh.. I didn't want to sent it to Stan to check out the USB, then him send it back to me to do my comparisons, then me send it back to him to do the upgrades.. I am sure he is very busy! So I need to persist with this line for a bit longer to see if anyone can come up with anything
    I do wonder if the power is a factor... I do have another USB 3.0 powered hub arriving tomorrow off Amazon and I wonder if that will make any difference? I can't see that the USB input needs much power though.. I have been sending some to it and it is enough for another DAC I have here that needs power from the USB.. However I shall give it a go.

I'm Mike.

Power might be the issue, I know the iPad does cause issues on usb and usually requires an Apple camera kit and or powered usb adapter.

I used mine to output to a DAC but it was hopeless sitting 20 ft from the iPad.

Amazon HD will be a non starter unless they get it on more devices. That's why I'm Spotify, Qobuz, Bandcamp, TuneinRadio and all my files via a Pi/Boss DAC setup. I dropped Roon in favour of this setup

I'm Tony.

Thanks MikeyB
    I wil have a mess around with more power tomorrow and see how I get on with it.. then we can take it from there!
    Thank goodness for Prime.. a steady flow of tiny gadgets..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast