+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Help me diagnose this flatulent bass driver

I'm Graham.

Hi Lawrence, interesting suggestion there. I will try it shortly.

with these drivers, it doesn't take much pressure on one side or the other to induce a scraping sound. The rubber surround is not very stiff.

I'm Graham.

BTW, by swap I just meant left to right. No chance of ordering replacement drivers for these polypropylene Rogers.
    I may just put these aside with the hope of one day finding a used driver from another pair.

I'm Lawrence.

Just listened to the recordings myself, not what I'm used to testing with so not sure how low the subsonic sweep is. Does it distort at any audible frequencies as that's what matters? I usually spot a problem in the bass on George Benson Give me the Night, not sure what it is with that track

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Graham.

Hi Lawrence, the subsonic freq is very low, well below what the Rogers are capable of reproducing. On the good.speaker all.i can see is the cone vibrating but no obvious sound. ON On the bad speaker I can see the vibration and also hear the regular beat, beat, beat.
    however after a few seconds I switch to a sweep that rises continuously and the vibration on the bad speaker is still obvious until the frequency gets high enough that the cones are not doing much. Its quite hard to pick up in general listening however the other speaker cone doesn't make the vibrating sound at all so there is obviously a problem that won't fix itself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12