+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi... have there been any changes to the USB input on the Caiman SEG?

I'm Tony.

Default Hi... have there been any changes to the USB input on the Caiman SEG?

Hi all
    I have been reviewing a couple of DACs lately using Amazon HD streaming out of USB ...I wanted to then compare them to my trusty Caiman but plugged in the USB and nothing. Having read the expanded instructions it seems that windows and a driver is needed and that it is not meant as a way of sending USB straight from Amazon music or Spotify from say an ipad. However I have been off the scene for a bit and technology and streaming moves on so has anything changed on the Beresford front in this respect?
    Thanks all

I'm Mike.

Default Hi... have there been any changes to the USB input on the Caiman SEG?

What device are you using to output via usb to the SEG?

I take it your using a laptop or a pc to output amazon?

If so then it might need drivers, but you also need to go into your pc Audio settings and tell it to output to the SEG instead of your pc speakers. Usually by right clicking on the speaker icon on the taskbar and then choosing desired output, mine gives me HDMI, headphone or speakers option, if you have the SEG and it shows on that list then select it. If it doesn’t show then you’ll need drivers for USB Audio. Don’t just install random usb ones from the net they’ll be full of malware. Check for official Windows ones.

If this still doesn’t work then drop Stan a message I’m sure he’ll get you sorted.

Edit: just reread your post and I see you mention iPad ?

Drivers won’t cure that issue, I think you need to better explain how you have everything connected.

I'm Tony.

HI - that is very helpful thanks - it is good to know there is some way forward. It is not a PC though I am a mac user.. I was hoping to use my ipad - with a 'Camera Adapter' attached which gives me a USB output, that works into my other DACS. I also have a macbook air which would give me more configuration options I suppose..

I appreciate the advice

Regards
    Tony

I'm Tony.

Just an update on this... I have been reading around and other people do seem to be using ipads through USB into the Caiman. I have tried it through a USB powered hub and also with a Y splitter getting power from an ipad charger and still nothing. I’m a bit stumped. I don’t like to keep bothering Stan so has anybody any clue what is not working?
    Thanks

I'm Tony.

Default Actually i’ve moved this to a new thread

Because the title is a bit misleading... it should now say.. ‘can anyone tell me how to get an ipad to output over USB into a Caiman SEG because I haven’t managed to get this working ...

+ Reply to Thread