+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice/Information request: volume control for amp/preamp

I'm Peter.

Default Advice/Information request: volume control for amp/preamp

Hello all,

I have a Leak Stereo 20 that has been adapted so that it has a volume control and can be used with a single input. If I wanted to use a preamp with this what would I do with the two volume controls? Do I turn the Leak volume control to max and use the preamp for controlling volume, or the other way round - preamp on full and adjust with the Leak volume control?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Peter
    Peter

I'm Lawrence.

The first. But if you just want the preamp to change sources then you might be better off with a source selecting box depending on the quality of the potentiometer in the Leak.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    The first. But if you just want the preamp to change sources then you might be better off with a source selecting box depending on the quality of the potentiometer in the Leak.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I understood the first part of your answer.

I was thinking about getting a passive preamp to allow me to connect two sources without having to fiddle around with swapping cables all the time. I'll see if I can find a photo of the underside of the Leak .... success! Let me know if you'd prefer a smaller image

Last edited by symon; 11-07-2020 at 21:16.
    Peter

I'm Geoff.

Check out Beresford products, I'm fairly sure they offered an input switching box.

Nice amp by the way, a proper British classic. I've had three of them!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Peter.

Thanks! I'll go and have a look.

I don't use it at the moment. But, I'm thinking about giving it another go, but I don't want to be fiddling with changing cables everyone I want to listen to a different source.
    Peter

I'm Geoff.

There's a Beresford on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beresford...AAAOSwfVhaAz1P

Or, if you just want to try a cheapie: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AV-Link-3...gAAOSwDKBcr0T0
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread