Thread: 6sn7 Clearout

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Sold twice over by all accounts
    PayPal Gift.... The gift that keeps on giving

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyscott View Post
    Snooze you loose
    Yes, I went to bed assuming some honour here. My mistake.
    ABD.

I'm John.

Well I bought the 'unused' Ken Rads. Unfortunately, they proved to be unusable producing significant amounts of hum and hiss and were extremely microphonic.

I asked Leo if they had been recently purchased and whether the seller had offered any guarantees which might enable him to get a full or partial refund. Leo advised that he'd had them for a few years but had just never got round to trying them...

I have to acknowledge that I knew they were listed as being unused, however, under the circumstances and mindful of the general spirit of cameraderie that normally exists on this forum, I know that if I had been the seller I would have wanted to offer a partial refund to lessen the disappointment. As it happens it was £60 down the drain.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondekker View Post
    Well I bought the 'unused' Ken Rads. Unfortunately, they proved to be unusable producing significant amounts of hum and hiss and were extremely microphonic.

I asked Leo if they had been recently purchased and whether the seller had offered any guarantees which might enable him to get a full or partial refund. Leo advised that he'd had them for a few years but had just never got round to trying them...

I have to acknowledge that I knew they were listed as being unused, however, under the circumstances and mindful of the general spirit of cameraderie that normally exists on this forum, I know that if I had been the seller I would have wanted to offer a partial refund to lessen the disappointment. As it happens it was £60 down the drain.
    I would have offered a full refund with apologies. Might have asked you to return them just in case they were incompatible with your amp though (highly unlikely).

I'm jamie.

id be asking for a refund personally!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondekker View Post

Not quite the full story

Hi Leo,

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. If you were prepared to include delivery in your asking price I would be happy to accept the small risk and give them a go. I could pay by whatever means suits you best.
    Regards
    John

Quote Originally Posted by lazyscott
    Hi John, i bought these as a matched pair. Although checking there is no specs written on the boxes. They are unused so i cannot comment on microphonics
    Regards
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by Sondekker
    Hi Leo,

Further to my stated interest in the Ken Rad VT213's can you just confirm if these are a matched pair and as they are unused whether you would know if they are microphonic?

Thanks

John

I'm John.

Yes I did ask a number of questions prior to deciding to make the purchase and based on the information now set out in the above transcript I decided to take the risk and purchase them. Leo did agree to include delivery in the £60 purchase price and so I thought the risk was likely to be fairly low.

Having got them and given them a try it was immediately evident that I had underestimated the risk and that, as stated above, they were unusable.

I have no argument with any of that and as also stated above, I consciously made a decision to buy on the basis that Leo knew little about them. I'm not sure, however, that any of that alters the fact that having purchased a pair of valves from a fellow AOS'er that subsequently proved to be unusable that a slightly more measured response might have been made in recognition of the £60 I'd paid.

I'm Richard.

Out of curiosity I looked at lazyscott's post history (72 posts) and apart from the first few in 2009 they appear to be ALL in the classifieds! So not much interaction with the other members here. I know I rarely post here now apart from the classifieds, but I do give stuff away and PM people to offer help, so I understand the "ethos" of the forum.
    ABD.

I'm Lawrence.

To me untested means you take the risk of wasting your time by trying something out that may not work and having to return it for a refund. It doesn't mean if it doesn't work you've lost your money, unless it states no returns or bought at buyer's risk.

I'm jamie.

my 2 cents is if you accept the risk that they are untested then what ever the outcome you swallow it.you are not buying from a shop so the 14 days refund or asking for a refund does not apply.buyer beware means just that. and for good reason.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast