Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6sn7 Clearout

I'm Richard.

WARNING.
    Despite agreeing to sell the VT213s to me AND sending me his PayPal address on pfm last night, when I sent the money this morning he tells me he sold them to someone else on AoS! Apparently not paying instantly is not good enough, especially as they are "in demand".
    Very poor.
    ABD.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Which set of VT213s were you after?

I understand your frustration and annoyance. The honourable thing would have been for the seller (regardless of which forum he advertised them on) to mark them as "sold subject to payment".
    Barry

I'm Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    WARNING.
    Despite agreeing to sell the VT213s to me AND sending me his PayPal address on pfm last night, when I sent the money this morning he tells me he sold them to someone else on AoS! Apparently not paying instantly is not good enough, especially as they are "in demand".
    Very poor.
    Snooze you loose

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Which set of VT213s were you after?

I understand your frustration and annoyance. The honourable thing would have been for the seller (regardless of which forum he advertised them on) to mark them as "sold subject to payment".
    Although the buyer might not have checked the thread once they had the PayPal address. I'd never let this happen, the only time I would give out my PayPal address to a second buyer would be after sending a message to the first buyer saying that they've taken too long and do it by the end of the day if they still want it. They'd have 8 hours (daytime) grace as a minimum.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The usual protocol is as soon as a buyer has expressed an intention to buy (and confirm by sending a PM), the seller should send the buyer his PayPal address by PM, and then mark the sale item as "sold subject to payment". How much time the seller gives the buyer to complete the transaction obviously varies, but as a buyer I would try to pay by PayPal F&F as soon as I received the PP address, and then inform the buyer (also by PM) that I had done so.

If a seller is using more than one site to advertise (i.e. more than one forum), then it is possible that two independent buyers (looking at separate fora) may express an intention to buy at exactly the same time. Unlikely, but possible and I don't know how such a situation would be resolved.
    Barry

I'm ahto.

i thought i'd let this one go as a foreign buyer (there's obviously less and less love for us these days) but it does seem as if my experience with the seller might serve a purpose. on another site this transpired:
    "I'd very much like the Brimars. I'm based in Estonia (EU) so postage extra obviously."
    "Hi eskiil, if you are interested i'll get a price for postage?"
    "thank you, I'm very interested"
    ....more than 24h later...
    "this is just to check if you've established the postage for Estonia? and how would you like to be paid?"
    "Hi, sorry but i sold the locally"

obviously it's up to the seller to decide who s/he prefers to deal with in the end, but some *ethos* would surely not go amiss.

The usual protocol is as soon as a buyer has expressed an intention to buy (and confirm by sending a PM), the seller should send the buyer his PayPal address by PM, and then mark the sale item as "sold subject to payment". How much time the seller gives the buyer to complete the transaction obviously varies, but as a buyer I would try to pay by PayPal F&F as soon as I received the PP address, and then inform the buyer (also by PM) that I had done so.

If a seller is using more than one site to advertise (i.e. more than one forum), then it is possible that two independent buyers (looking at separate fora) may express an intention to buy at exactly the same time. Unlikely, but possible and I don't know how such a situation would be resolved.
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm Leo.

Sorry, but i think most people given the opportunity to sell locally or risk sending overseas would pick the former.

[=eksiil;1210993]i thought i'd let this one go as a foreign buyer (there's obviously less and less love for us these days) but it does seem as if my experience with the seller might serve a purpose. on another site this transpired:
    "I'd very much like the Brimars. I'm based in Estonia (EU) so postage extra obviously."
    "Hi eskiil, if you are interested i'll get a price for postage?"
    "thank you, I'm very interested"
    ....more than 24h later...
    "this is just to check if you've established the postage for Estonia? and how would you like to be paid?"
    "Hi, sorry but i sold the locally"

obviously it's up to the seller to decide who s/he prefers to deal with in the end, but some *ethos* would surely not go amiss.[/QUOTE]

I'm Lawrence.

This is true but you if you give them both payment details and let them race to pay you first (unbeknownst to them) I'd say that's not on.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm Leo.

All now sold.

I'm Lawrence.

Sold twice over by all accounts

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast