+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A little TD160 project

I'm Mike.

Default A little TD160 project

So a month or so back i decided i needed a project to keep me occupied as i'd been furloughed due to health reasons, anyway i decided to get a TD160 and give it bit of treatment, luckily Mik Rik had a TD160 he didn't need / use which was just in the right state of disrepair so that i wouldn't feel guilty about carving up a pristine deck just to keep me from pulling my hair out.

What i decided was that i wanted to keep it somewhat retro so rather than a more modern arm i decided on an SME 3009, i also wanted to do the mods to turn it into a TD160 Super as well as completely remove the tonearm lift control and rest, so i'd need a new face plate to cover up the holes and finally i wanted a better plinth as the original is basically crap and not really deep enough to mount the SME arm without it bottoming out.

While ordering a new face plate i decided i'd copy the theme from my speakers which have light oak cabinets with a black leather baffle, so spoke to a local cabinet maker to make me an oak plinth and i ordered the face plate in anodised black.

Here's some photo's to show my progress

[IMG]IMG_2426 by mike davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]IMG_2428 by mike davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_2431 by mike davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_2432 by mike davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Rob.

Nice
    Rob.