+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: best loudspeaker ever heard

I'm BigBobJoylove.

I'm Graham.

Snell A, Dom's system exhibited at Scalford a few years ago was the most realistic sound I have heard, it was jaw dropping. Too big for my house but they are the speakers I would like if I had the space to do them justice.

I'm Laurie.

Lucky enough to hear living voice Olympian prototype with full kondo rig running off battery supply fed by opus 21 cd. Ruined me for life, but holy shit who do I have to kill to afford them.
    Fave domestic speakers In no particular order , esl57, LV OBX RW, ACOUSTIC ENERGY AE1, AND CURRENT BOENICKE W8SE.
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

I'm Tony.

Well I have to admit to owing a pair of B&W Nautilus, they are VERY sensitive to which amplification you place on them also having quality impedance matched cables help a great deal, really no big shakes these days. The designer a certain Mr L Dickie now designs the Vivid's although build quality isn't as good as it should be they sound a good step up from the Nautilus. Only reason I have them is for the retirement fund.

Sorry can't get to enthused about Kevin's Olympians despite them using TAD drivers, every time they play any other music rather than pretty jazz, female vocals (yawn) or baroque. It really struggles. but the WW fan boys dribble over them

57's have a place but they are limited make no mistake, if you like em stick with them. Nostalgia seems to have more of a place with speakers than anything else in audio I believe.

In the same way the Magico Q7's leave a lot to be desired SQ wise but maybe impressive to look at but sonically that another matter

Nothing can be labelled the bets here just which particular speakers are preference
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Grant.

Default best loudspeaker ever heard

probably, for all round sound and ability to work on pretty much any system, i'd say my Edingdale mk1's... never really put a foot wrong... 6 watt valve amp, little switcher or big integrated.

Found one of mine..lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Looks like a new film in the offing

Alien v Preditor v Nautilus
    A friend of mine was co-producer on Alien v Predator, and a hi-fi nut - I'll pass your suggestion on.

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    Snell A, Dom's system exhibited at Scalford a few years ago was the most realistic sound I have heard, it was jaw dropping. Too big for my house but they are the speakers I would like if I had the space to do them justice.
    That was an exceptional system of Dom's, I remember it too. Spent a few hours in that room listening to all sorts of music, and was moved by it. TBH I don't care for the tonal balance of the Snell A's, and they are truly Fugly (with a capital F) but they communicate the music like little else.

I've heard a few "impressive" speakers (Kef Blades, MBL 101, Focal Scala Utopia, I think they were) but I don't think I'd be able to live with them for very long. Sometimes less is more, and the more realistically-priced speakers are far better at doing what they should than the big-ticket stuff. I genuinely preferred the Tannoy Definition DC10 to the Westminster Royals I heard - the Definitions didn't have anything like the scale and "grandeur" of the Royals but they communicated the music far better, I thought.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123