+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello to the forum

I'm Nick.

Default Hello to the forum

Hello out there. I'm nervously introducing myself - Nick here from Kent.

I'm getting into vintage hi-fi. And struggling to get the connection right with modern digital sources. But sort of enjoying it all.

I've got a Luxman R-1050 receiver driving Celestion 44's that fills my (hard surfaced, terrible acoustics) workplace of 8x8 metres quite nicely.

Then in one of my darkroom I have A Leak 1800 receiver feeding Leak Sandwich 2030. Nice and mellow.

I've got a fair few bits and bobs in my lock-up. Nothing expensive but some interesting vintage amps/receivers/speakers.

At home I have more modern AVI ADM 9 playing from my phone via a Bluetooth DAC. Nothing special to my ears. Like the old stuff better.

Music tastes are broad, but Jazz does not float my boat.

Anyway, really enjoy going through your discussions people. Regards to one and all.

Best - Nick

I'm Geoff.

Hi Nick. Welcome to AOS.

Vintage gear has a following here and Luxman are well liked.

Get involved and join in the chat, it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by nickv View Post
    Hello out there. I'm nervously introducing myself - Nick here from Kent.

I'm getting into vintage hi-fi. And struggling to get the connection right with modern digital sources. But sort of enjoying it all.

I've got a Luxman R-1050 receiver driving Celestion 44's that fills my (hard surfaced, terrible acoustics) workplace of 8x8 metres quite nicely.

Then in one of my darkroom I have A Leak 1800 receiver feeding Leak Sandwich 2030. Nice and mellow.

I've got a fair few bits and bobs in my lock-up. Nothing expensive but some interesting vintage amps/receivers/speakers.

At home I have more modern AVI ADM 9 playing from my phone via a Bluetooth DAC. Nothing special to my ears. Like the old stuff better.

Music tastes are broad, but Jazz does not float my boat.

Anyway, really enjoy going through your discussions people. Regards to one and all.

Best - Nick
    Hello, if you are looking at improving the sound quality on your AVIs you could look at a streamer, such as a Bluesound Node 2, I would avoid bluetooth, I only use if I want to stream a youtube video.

Would be interested to hear more about your darkroom work, is this a business or hobby? B&W I take it?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Nick,

We love vintage audio gear and as Geoff has said, Luxman and Celestion products have a strong following here.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Nick.

Thanks for the advice regarding the Bluesound Node 2 streamer. I'm going to look into getting better quality going in to those AVI's. I have a very weird job, I make art with x-rays and the x-rays are processed old-school with film and chemicals, so I can lose a few hours listening to music in my darkroom when the world leaves me alone for a bit.

I love the warmth from my Luxman receiver and the design and feel when using it tells me someone cared a lot about making those receivers. Those little details mean a lot to me. I guess it's like a chef that has a set of knives that feel right in their hand. Sometimes I wonder if I have enough grunt going to my Celestion 44's though so I'm thinking of getting a vintage power amp.

+ Reply to Thread