+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TC7510

Default TC7510

I still have a one of Stan's earlier DACs, a TC7510, in daily use, It's strapped to the back of the TV to which it is optically coupled. A Google Chromecast Audio is also connected. The 7510 drives a Quad 77 amp from it's fixed output and a pair of Sennheiser HD25 headphones are permanently connected to the variable output by a hidden cable from my sofa. Works well for me.

Is anyone else still using a 7510?
    Brian

In Southampton: Raspberry Pi 4 running PiCorePlayer, Beresford Caiman SEG, Quad 77 Int Amp and CD Player, AVI Neutron 4, Sennheiser HD25 headphones.
    In Nicosia: Small Format HTPC, Beresford 7520 ,Quad 405-2, Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

I'm Gary.

Good dac that, always liked mine.
    Great sound per pound.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Geoff.

I had one, but compared to the Theta I had, I found it a bit short of grunt. The sound needed more body.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Peter.

I have one of I bought in 2008 as a xmas special from Stan £100 if I remember, and yesterday it was posted to Jimmy ( Tirna) , I wanted his special headphone board as I could always hear a little hiss in the background when using my AKG K-610 Pro headphones ( and other cans were used with always the faint hiss there in the background)

I still use it, and recently had a Chromecast Audio connected to it via Toslink, playing spotify into a TA-10 amp amp and some Q Accoustics speakers, not too shabby

When I get it back it will have all the "Hardware Modifications" as per Stan's site MOD21 http://www.beresford.me/S/mods.htm
    the Wolfson WM8716 DAC, the Tirna headphone mod, and a really special power supply instead of that Maplin one we all bought for £20 back in 2009
    Movies ~ oppo 105 ~ marantz SR8001 ~ tannoy precision ~ BK Monolith Sub
    Vinyl ~ beogram 8002 ~ graham slee accession phono pre
    Red Book ~ Teac PD-H600 ~ red wine audio signature 30.2 ~ akg k-1000 headphones

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I had one, but compared to the Theta I had, I found it a bit short of grunt. The sound needed more body.
    you may have that single opinion, but some reviewers gave it special treatment and it did not disappoint - maybe the time they gave it was 10x more than your goodself, and definately the kit they had on hand was a little more special :-)

http://www.adventuresinhifiaudio.com...d-tc-7510-dac/
    Movies ~ oppo 105 ~ marantz SR8001 ~ tannoy precision ~ BK Monolith Sub
    Vinyl ~ beogram 8002 ~ graham slee accession phono pre
    Red Book ~ Teac PD-H600 ~ red wine audio signature 30.2 ~ akg k-1000 headphones

I'm Andre.

I have a cottage/cabin up in the mountains where I have my 7510. It works as the heart of my stereo system there connected to a Hitachi HA-5700 integrated from 1979 and a pair of JBL 3 way speakers that are installed in the ceiling. Dab+ radio and tv connected to both optical inputs. Power it with a linear power supply. Works great still.
    Marantz HD-DAC1 -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Analogue -> Hitachi HMA-8500 Mk II -> JBL Balboa 30

+ Reply to Thread