+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale: Beresford Caiman SEG & Dorado Power Supply Upgrade

I'm Alastair.

Post SOLD: Beresford Caiman SEG & Dorado Power Supply Upgrade

This Caiman SEG has the Super-cap and Super-clock upgrades by Stanley Beresford with the SEG 3.0 firmware. It comes with the Dorado (Mk I) Supercapacitor power supply upgrade (the 15V setting makes a real difference) and DC cable.

The SEG has USB, S/PDIF optical and coaxial inputs and RCA outputs. The selector on the front panel allows it to be used as a pure DAC or a pre-amp.

The upgrades included:
    - SEG-30 firmware
    - Supercap upgrade of the 5V and 3.3V digital power line inside the DAC
    - Temperature controlled low jitter CMOS clock upgrade
    - Darlington pair transistor upgrade of the active noise filter in the incoming DC supply.

You will need a power supply to feed the Dorado (I used a battery with 16V output), which takes a short while to charge on first use or after being switch off for a few days.

Used together, the sound quality is very good.

I have had both from new and they are in excellent condition and fully working. There is a scratch on the underside of the SEG.

A new SEG costs £180 (without the upgrades, which were £65) and the Dorado is £60. I am asking £160 for the pair including P&P to a UK address. Paypal or Bank Transfer accepted.

Caiman SEG and Dorado

Caiman SEG Top

Caiman SEG Base

Caiman SEG Rear

Dorado Front

Dorado Rear
    Last edited by Alp; 05-07-2020 at 20:05.
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Alastair.

SOLD
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

+ Reply to Thread