+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for July

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Skye is great. Land of my ancestors.
    Yeah, it's absolutely beautiful, so peaceful, natural and unspoiled - and you get FRESH air for free!

Seriously though, no place is perfect, but if you can, I think it's beneficial living somewhere that *genuinely* suits your lifestyle and personality, as opposed to somewhere you've simply 'ended up' through circumstances - and most importantly of all, where you feel HAPPY

Quite simply, life's too short not to be happy!

As you well know, I was born in Glasgow, but through circumstances 'ended up' in North Wales. However, I can absolutely *assure* you, that if I didn't like it here and wasn't happy, I'd have moved to somewhere where I was (and so would Del), LONG ago. I wouldn't just stay and suffer it!

So in that respect, Wrexham defo isn't perfect, but largely suits our needs:

1) Del's a 10-min walk from the college where she works, so in decent weather can enjoy a gentle stroll into work, free from any stress-related travelling by car on very busy, overcrowded roads, or queues/delays on unpunctual (often filthy) public transport, and get good exercise and fresh air into the bargain.

Therefore, little money or time is spent on fuel or commuting, leaving more time for both of us to spend together, as well as more money to spend on the nice things WE like

2) The weather's generally clement, with rarely any extremes (not too hot, not too cold, and not too much rain).

3) There's a decent pub, which serves good food and beer, less than 5-mins walk from our house, and a lovely park, full of lots of different wildlife, within 10-mins walk.

4) We're 35/40 mins by car from a quiet and well-maintained beach, and 15 mins drive from the countryside.

5) There are more than adequate local amenities, with aside from anything else, every supermarket represented, except Waitrose (which is only 20 mins away in Chester).

6) Pretty much zero traffic congestion (no rush hour), and 2-hours ample free parking in the centre of town, for shopping, where there's also a great food market, selling local produce.

7) Both Liverpool and Manchester accessible by car within an hour. Buses into Chester are every 15 mins, from a bus stop across the road from our house. Regular, DIRECT train service into Liverpool, and also to Birmingham.

8) Two independent record shops, plus a proper 'old-school' hi-fi shop in the centre of town.

9) Numerous decent local eateries, serving various different types of cuisine. And you get a lot for your money, in terms of house prices.

10) Short walk to my dad's house, so I can make sure he's ok, do some chores for him and enjoy his company. Plus, good (fast) road links to major motorways, north and south.

I could go on, lol....

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It's amazing what having Marco for a neighbour does for house values.

And Wrexham used to be such a lovely place

I blame the shock of seeing me parading around indoors, scantily clad, or in the skud. The old lady across the road still hasn't fully recovered from 'inadvertently' catching a glimpse of what lurks under my dressing down

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

suet dumplingss are great..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

I blame the shock of seeing me parading around indoors, scantily clad, or in the skud. The old lady across the road still hasn't fully recovered from 'inadvertently' catching a glimpse of what lurks under my dressing down

Marco.
    i was going down but someone sent me a video of marco strutting his stuff in black and red suspenders etc...
    screen shot

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Is that in answer to Marco's parthian shot:

Quote Originally Posted by Marco
    The old lady across the road still hasn't fully recovered from 'inadvertently' catching a glimpse of what lurks under my dressing down.
    ?
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Is that in answer to Marco's parthian shot:

?
    yeah he was parting with his knickers
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Nice to hear, I thought it was just me

When I was a kid, my mum would send me to the shops for 6oz of corned beef (never a quarter or half pound, always 6oz), and a box of Atora. And I knew what we was in for. She just called it stew, and it was very basic, just potatoes, carrots, corned beef and dumplings. Best thing was, there was always a lot, as I always had a massive appetite (still do).

Amazing really that i grew into the fine figure I am today
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

i was going down but someone sent me a video of marco strutting his stuff in black and red suspenders etc...
    screen shot

Those are last year's range. Mine have the invaluable PVC 'peek-a-boo' front panel.

Marco.
    Main System

yeah he was parting with his knickers
    I prefer parting with Del's

Marco.
    Main System

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah, it's absolutely beautiful, so peaceful, natural and unspoiled - and you get FRESH air for free!

Seriously though, no place is perfect, but if you can, I think it's beneficial living somewhere that *genuinely* suits your lifestyle and personality, as opposed to somewhere you've simply 'ended up' through circumstances - and most importantly of all, where you feel HAPPY

Quite simply, life's too short not to be happy!

As you well know, I was born in Glasgow, but through circumstances 'ended up' in North Wales. However, I can absolutely *assure* you, that if I didn't like it here and wasn't happy, I'd have moved to somewhere where I was (and so would Del), LONG ago. I wouldn't just stay and suffer it!

So in that respect, Wrexham defo isn't perfect, but largely suits our needs:

1) Del's a 10-min walk from the college where she works, so in decent weather can enjoy a gentle stroll into work, free from any stress-related travelling by car on very busy, overcrowded roads, or queues/delays on unpunctual (often filthy) public transport, and get good exercise and fresh air into the bargain.

Therefore, little money or time is spent on fuel or commuting, leaving more time for both of us to spend together, as well as more money to spend on the nice things WE like

2) The weather's generally clement, with rarely any extremes (not too hot, not too cold, and not too much rain).

3) There's a decent pub, which serves good food and beer, less than 5-mins walk from our house, and a lovely park, full of lots of different wildlife, within 10-mins walk.

4) We're 35/40 mins by car from a quiet and well-maintained beach, and 15 mins drive from the countryside.

5) There are more than adequate local amenities, with aside from anything else, every supermarket represented, except Waitrose (which is only 20 mins away in Chester).

6) Pretty much zero traffic congestion (no rush hour), and 2-hours ample free parking in the centre of town, for shopping, where there's also a great food market, selling local produce.

7) Both Liverpool and Manchester accessible by car within an hour. Buses into Chester are every 15 mins, from a bus stop across the road from our house. Regular, DIRECT train service into Liverpool, and also to Birmingham.

8) Two independent record shops, plus a proper 'old-school' hi-fi shop in the centre of town.

9) Numerous decent local eateries, serving various different types of cuisine. And you get a lot for your money, in terms of house prices.

10) Short walk to my dad's house, so I can make sure he's ok, do some chores for him and enjoy his company. Plus, good (fast) road links to major motorways going north and south.

I could go on, lol....

Marco.
    Jeez louise!

I get it, I get it! Where you live is perfect for you.

But you still haven't explained why you hate 'that London' so much?

And I'm not talking about central & inner London, I'm referring to the many leafy & attractive suburbs that exist within the M25 that apparently have all the redeeming features of Wrexham you describe whilst a) not being in Wales & b) being within spitting distance of the third most visited city in the world.
    Last edited by Roy S; 02-08-2020 at 01:05.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast