+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hello everyone

I'm neil.

Default hello everyone

hi everyone,
    just a quick hello post to introduce myself..
    my name is Neil, I live in a little nook on the north coast of Cornwall with my family.
    current set up is
    rega rp6, rb330 arm, Goldring 1042
    Firebottle plus phono stage (recent addition)
    Roksan Caspian CD player
    Roksan k2 integrated amp
    Emotiva Basx 300 power amp
    Q Acoustics concept 40 speakers..
    ....oh! and an arcam miniblink.

really happy with the system at the moment but I'm enjoying tinkering with some various cables including some DIYs.
    my musical tastes are pretty diverse..currently listening to lots of south American psychedelic Cumbia, afro beat and Dub but next up could be some Beak, Oh Sees, jazz (often with an ethnic twist) EDM or Bowie.
    my eldest son is really into his music and constantly finding stuff that's slipped past me..
    over the last couple of years I've started getting to more gigs n'festivals (and somehow found myself dj-ing at a couple..) can't wait to do that again.
    I will probably ask more questions than I answer and I promise not to talk about football, religion or cables...
    TTFN

NEIL

I'm Geoff.

Hi Neil. Welcome to AOS.

Sounds like you know where you're heading with your system.

Join in the fun and ask any questions you may have, there's a lot of knowledge here.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm John.

Hi Neil,

You dont sound that different to me buddy. I play about with some mid range gear and have a lot of fun listening to vinyl. Especially 80's originals and a lot of old soul, funk and the odd bit of what I call rock but others would laugh at

I strayed into valve amps and refurbishing old Tannoy Dual Concentrics at one point which wasvhuge fun but can get a little pricey and obsessive if you're not careful.

I also enjoy showing my two daughters, 19 and 21, the origins of a lot of 'their' bands and the music they play which constantly surprises them.

Been to a few gigs in the last few year also which is great fun.

I have to say that there are some cracking people on this forum with knowledge thats incredible and experience coming out of their ears.

Lots of fun and learning opportunities.

hopefully chat at some point and have a great weekend.
    Last edited by speedyj; 04-07-2020 at 07:48.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Home built PC driving Adam Audio 7 Active Monitors from Asus Xonar Essence STX.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Neil.

Much of your music tastes are new to me (I have never heard of 'South American Cumbia'), so why not contribute to the 'Spinning Today' thread and educate me?

I too like to make up my own cables, despite being a cable sceptic.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm neil.

thanks everyone, seems like a very friendly place..

+ Reply to Thread