Closed Thread
Page 93 of 109 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New FOOTY Thread 20/21

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    We had more than enough chances to win the game in normal time, several players well off the mark on the night. As far the league is concerned the best team won, end of story.
    will be interesting to see what our starting line is next season. if anyone in starting lineup gets sold/ who we bring in etc too..

we know celts will have a big rebuild, and includes backroom too, so both sides could look very different.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Surprised there's been no comment, chaps, on your shock Scottish Cup exit to St Johnstone, or do you guys only surface when Rangers win?

Marco.
    you heard anything re management yet marco? do you have a realistic preference?
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    will be interesting to see what our starting line is next season. if anyone in starting lineup gets sold/ who we bring in etc too..

we know celts will have a big rebuild, and includes backroom too, so both sides could look very different.
    As far as we are concerned, I think we have really missed Ryan Jack in recent weeks. I think there will be a few leaving possibly including Ryan Kent and we need more fire power up front and someone to replace Davo.

As for the other lot, big changes I think , will depend on who the new boss is.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

As far as we are concerned, I think we have really missed Ryan Jack in recent weeks. I think there will be a few leaving possibly including Ryan Kent and we need more fire power up front and someone to replace Davo.

As for the other lot, big changes I think , will depend on who the new boss is.
    yup our 2 main mids are, 1 is becoming too old, and 2nd is injury prone. the guy on loan isnt up to it so will go back.. lunstrum may be an option, i dont know, but feel we need 2.

helander may be for off so another cb too. up front, at least 2.. maybe more, depending on who goes. barisic may go too.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

gubbed? hardly..lol. worst celtic team? well its pretty much same celtic team lol. i went to bed which shows how much i cared..lol
    Lol - come on, I'm not buying that you don't care... You *should* care, mate, as it was your first chance of a double in how long...?

When Celtic were winning title upon title, cup after cup, and sweeping aside all before them, I was wanting them to win everything, and would've been seriously pissed off if they had failed to win a cup.

So why the apathy?

yes, they have played poorly in cups etc, but won league where it mattered. did well in europe, when it mattered. slavia bar their disgraceful racial attitude, were a better side on both meetings tbh.
    Undoubtedly they won the league in a canter, and deservedly so. I also think they were a credit to Scottish football in Europe, so I'm not having anyone take that away from them, especially giving any credit whatsoever to the RACIST SCUM of Slavia!

They should've had their asses banned from the competition, and that fuckhead racist, whoever he was, sacked and kicked out the club. That's what I would've done.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

We had more than enough chances to win the game in normal time, several players well off the mark on the night. As far the league is concerned the best team won, end of story.
    Indeed, but Rangers' dismal performances in domestic cup competitions, since Gerrard has arrived (and mostly before) must be very disappointing and a cause for concern.

Yes, the best team won the league, it would be futile to argue otherwise, but if this is a really good Rangers team, then quite frankly, it's not a patch on the swashbuckling Celtic side of BR's invincible season, so lots of work still to do, IMO, before you get to that level and before real comparisons can be made between both - and if I were a Rangers fan I'd be concerned about the team's form in the cups and very disappointed that this season wasn't a whole lot more successful than it was!

Callum Davidson for manager of the year? Defo, if he can win the double for St Johnstone... For me, in terms of remarkable achievements, that would arguably eclipse Celtic doing the quadruple treble!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

you heard anything re management yet marco? do you have a realistic preference?
    Nope, not hear anything, mate. As usual in these matters, Celtic fanny about like champion fanny-abouters!

However, I do get the feeling that it'll be Howe, and that that news will be announced soon. I was hoping that the 'special one' might've been tempted, but sadly not!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Lol - come on, I'm not buying that you don't care... You *should* care, mate, as it was your first chance of a double in how long...?

When Celtic were winning title upon title, cup after cup, and sweeping aside all before them, I was wanting them to win everything, and would've been seriously pissed off if they had failed to win a cup.

So why the apathy?

Undoubtedly they won the league in a canter, and deservedly so. I also think they were a credit to Scottish football in Europe, so I'm not having anyone take that away from them, especially giving any credit whatsoever to the RACIST SCUM of Slavia!

They should've had their asses banned from the competition, and that fuckhead racist, whoever he was, sacked and kicked out the club. That's what I would've done.

Marco.

you know im not overly up for it nowadays. winning the league was good, and something most folk wanted bar celtic men/women of course. one side grabbing the honours or even 2 every year is no fun, and its not interesting. i'd much rather more side won stuff/competed etc.
    think gers have struggled for last few months, and injuries etc plus the large lead conspired to much of it.

we need to up both our game and our squad to compete next season on all levels.
    we do have a few young lads who i think will be attached to squad too. young kelly for one.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Nope, not hear anything, mate. As usual in these matters, Celtic fanny about like champion fanny-abouters!

However, I do get the feeling that it'll be Howe, and that that news will be announced soon. I was hoping that the 'special one' might've been tempted, but sadly not!

Marco.
    might be him; he is fav still. get feeling he is due a payoff at end of season if not in work.. maybe his back money as he took a huge wage cut during covid; guess he is maybe, technically still an employee that way. could be a million quid so not to be sniffed at.
    the ex dortmund manager was in my mind, as i think he would be better... favre i think
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Marco.
    You’re correct about the delays, Eddie Howe will want to bring his own team but Celtic might be looking to keep Kennedy and Strachan about. THere is absolutely no chance of the special one coming to Celtic.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Closed Thread
Page 93 of 109 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast