Closed Thread
Page 79 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New FOOTY Thread 20/21

I'm Grant.

liverpool's annus horribilis continues with jordan henderson now out as well.. who would be a defender at anfield bit of a shame really as we never got a real defence of title...not that city will be complaining.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    liverpool's annus horribilis continues with jordan henderson now out as well.. who would be a defender at anfield bit of a shame really as we never got a real defence of title...not that city will be complaining.
    Yeah disappointing season for them , looks like Man City have it to lose.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Yeah disappointing season for them , looks like Man City have it to lose.
    for a while utd were flying high; knew it wouldnt last long tho yeah, city are the best side. Not really sure why klopp has had such a hard time from fans.. not many if any sides could handle their defensive injuries.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Also see rangers have agreed to sign Francis Jacobs from Orange County. He was the youngest Pro in US history at 14. Currenty just 15 still and will sign on or after his upcoming birthday.
    Lad is 6' already and I have to say doesnt look 15.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

for a while utd were flying high; knew it wouldnt last long tho yeah, city are the best side. Not really sure why klopp has had such a hard time from fans.. not many if any sides could handle their defensive injuries.
    Yeah, been a difficult season for them, playing midfielders in central defense, should have splashed out in January for a decent center back.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Robin.

Also see rangers have agreed to sign Francis Jacobs from Orange County. He was the youngest Pro in US history at 14. Currenty just 15 still and will sign on or after his upcoming birthday.
    Lad is 6' already and I have to say doesnt look 15.

He doesn’t look that young.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    He doesn’t look that young.
    yeah, must have had a hard paper round
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

just saw that. guess he didnt fancy rangers winning it at parkhead. or worse, before that. he might have had to give that guard of honour he promised
    as a rangers man can i say, no thanks.

anyway its kennedy til end of season. sure he was rodgers right hand man too... a big rebuild at end of season for celtic.
    Yup, had to happen. The Ross County result was the final straw, after the recent 5-game winning run was simply papering over the cracks. I always said he'd go at the end of the season, and not before, *if* the remaining results of the team in his charge warranted it (even if Celtic didn't win the title), which of course hasn't been the case, and the team's capitulated, so he had to go, for the sake of team morale more than anything else.

When, as they say, you've 'lost the dressing room', which clearly was the case with Lennon, no matter who he is, the manager has to go.

As I said before, it's the end of an era, as no team or manager has a divine right to win everything for years on end, as Celtic have been doing for nearly 10 years, culminating in a remarkable [and doubtful ever to be equalled] quadruple treble, which Lennon played a significant part in securing. Therefore, regardless of a disastrous last season (for some reasons outwith of his control), he will rightly go down as one of the Celtic greats, as both a player and manager.

The writing was on the wall for me, in terms of Celtic's title chances this season, when we lost the second old-firm game, therefore I said so at the time that it would be Rangers' year, which has proven to be the case. And well done to them, as their magnificent form this season, particularly at home, has been the stuff worthy of champions. Again, as I've always said, these things come in cycles, which was the same when Walter Smith's era came to an end, and Celtic stopped Rangers from reaching the holy grail of 10-in-a-row, so it seems written in the stars that neither team is destined to achieve it.

For me, providing Rangers can remain as strong as they are now, and continue to grow, as Celtic will certainly be pulling out all the stops to increase their challenge and usurp Rangers next season, and can hold onto Gerrard [whom I always knew would be successful at Rangers], or when the time comes replace him with someone of a similar ilk, then I think the days of either team dominating for years on end are over. which let's face it is a GOOD thing for Scottish football. One-horse races are never attractive for neutrals or large investors, so I predict that it'll be nip and tuck, between both teams, in terms of the sharing of trophies for the foreseeable future.

Anyway, once again congratulations to Rangers for a historic title win in the making, The last two league meetings between the sides will be very interesting, as will the Scottish Cup competition, if it goes ahead - and most of all what will be interesting is how Celtic will react to no longer being champions, and who they bring in as their new manager. When Brendan Rogers left, Neil Lennon was the perfect man for the job, simply to secure 9-in-a-row, and subsequently the QT, which he achieved and has to be given great credit for, but *this* time, ONLY a big name 'Hollywood appointment' will do...

In that respect, Dermot Desmond will need to raid his piggy bank and deliver another Martin O'Neill or Brendan Rogers!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

yeah of course its no won til its won, and quite a few think its already done and dusted. it isnt. yes im pretty sure it will be but i dont like the idea the team think they have done enough.
    I think Kennedy will get a bit more out of the side, but as you say he is not the man for job. Many think Steve Clarke is taking it after the Scotland games. Personally I dont think so and agree with you; They need a name. They have to excite the fans and the players.

Not sure the SC will get played at all. Unless they run it as a mini tourney, a bit like the Euro tourneys last season.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

i see lampard is being touted for job...predictable of press i guess.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Closed Thread
Page 79 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast