+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 450

Thread: The All New FOOTY Thread 20/21

  1. #381
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 101,175
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Any comments on the weekend's games then, chaps?

    Another hard-fought win for Celtic (this time 3-2), over a team that often takes points off of both side of the old firm, and Saturday was no different. The problem we have at the moment is fielding a regular and settled defence, and importantly one that the new keeper can form a good understanding with, plus getting new players to bed in... This time Jullien was injured in training, and out!

    So I'm afraid we're going to continue shipping goals until that situation is resolved. Thankfully, we generally have enough firepower to get us out of trouble and secure the three points, as indeed happened on Saturday against Livi, but that's not always going to be the case, so we have to sort out the defence.

    For you guys, it was always going to be a hard game against Hibs, and that turned out to be true. We've always struggled at Easter Road, so I'm sure that when we go there again, it'll be just as hard. With Hibs being a force to be reckoned with this season, a point at Easter Road for any away side is probably a decent result.

    Still, we've caught up now, points wise, as I expected, after us missing those games because of the behaviour of a selfish idiot, and if we win our remaining game in hand will go top again... It's defo going to be an interesting season!

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW18.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.


    Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

  2. #382
    Join Date: Apr 2016

    Location: West of Scotland

    Posts: 2,197
    I'm Robin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Any comments on the weekend's games then, chaps?

    Another hard-fought win for Celtic (this time 3-2), over a team that often takes points off of both side of the old firm, and Saturday was no different. The problem we have at the moment is fielding a regular and settled defence, and importantly one that the new keeper can form a good understanding with, plus getting new players to bed in... This time Jullien was injured in training, and out!

    So I'm afraid we're going to continue shipping goals until that situation is resolved. Thankfully, we generally have enough firepower to get us out of trouble and secure the three points, as indeed happened on Saturday against Livi, but that's not always going to be the case, so we have to sort out the defence.

    For you guys, it was always going to be a hard game against Hibs, and that turned out to be true. We've always struggled at Easter Road, so I'm sure that when we go there again, it'll be just as hard. With Hibs being a force to be reckoned with this season, a point at Easter Road for any away side is probably a decent result.

    Still, we've caught up now, points wise, as I expected, after us missing those games because of the behaviour of a selfish idiot, and if we win our remaining game in hand will go top again... It's defo going to be an interesting season!

    Marco.
    rangers were very poor today, Hibs had a game plan which worked them, I could say more but don’t want to be accused of being a bad loser, we will need to be a lot better on Thursday.
    Regards
    Robin

    .....................



    Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Primare I 32 amp
    Primare R 32 phono stage
    Arcam CDS50 Sacd Network Player
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

  3. #383
    Join Date: Apr 2016

    Location: West of Scotland

    Posts: 2,197
    I'm Robin.

    Default

    Mixed night for the Scottish teams tonight, but the Old Firm are through
    Regards
    Robin

    .....................



    Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Primare I 32 amp
    Primare R 32 phono stage
    Arcam CDS50 Sacd Network Player
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

  4. #384
    Join Date: Apr 2016

    Location: West of Scotland

    Posts: 2,197
    I'm Robin.

    Default

    Another good result today 5-1, pity about the late own goal.
    Regards
    Robin

    .....................



    Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Primare I 32 amp
    Primare R 32 phono stage
    Arcam CDS50 Sacd Network Player
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

  5. #385
    Join Date: Feb 2013

    Location: W Lothian

    Posts: 72,608
    I'm Grant.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Another good result today 5-1, pity about the late own goal.
    good for them. i see itten got off mark with a cracker
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

    **Iíve studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**
    "An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

    "Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"
    Give me absolute control
    Over every living soul, I've seen the future, baby,
    It is murder!
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

  6. #386
    Join Date: Apr 2016

    Location: West of Scotland

    Posts: 2,197
    I'm Robin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    good for them. i see itten got off mark with a cracker
    yeah his first goal was good, hopefully give him some confidence.
    Regards
    Robin

    .....................



    Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Primare I 32 amp
    Primare R 32 phono stage
    Arcam CDS50 Sacd Network Player
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

  7. #387
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 101,175
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Yup, we also played arguably our best football of the season yesterday while (easily) beating an in-form Hibs 3-0. It could've easily been more. Rangers are certainly motoring now, and indeed have been playing well all season, so things are shaping up nicely for the forthcoming old firm clash in just under 3 weeks time!

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW18.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.


    Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

  8. #388
    Join Date: Apr 2016

    Location: West of Scotland

    Posts: 2,197
    I'm Robin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yup, we also played arguably our best football of the season yesterday while (easily) beating an in-form Hibs 3-0. It could've easily been more. Rangers are certainly motoring now, and indeed have been playing well all season, so things are shaping up nicely for the forthcoming old firm clash in just under 3 weeks time!

    Marco.
    Not thinking about the old firm at the moment, one game at a time next up another European tie.
    Regards
    Robin

    .....................



    Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Primare I 32 amp
    Primare R 32 phono stage
    Arcam CDS50 Sacd Network Player
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

  9. #389
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 101,175
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Yeah I know... Just saying that if both teams continue playing well and banging in the goals, the forthcoming game will be a cracker!

    But yes, it's vital that both of our teams safely negotiate the next round in Europa League, and get to the group stages

    Marco.
    Main System

    Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

    Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

    Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

    CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

    Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

    Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

    Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW18.5 record cleaning machine.

    Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.


    Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

  10. #390
    Join Date: Apr 2016

    Location: West of Scotland

    Posts: 2,197
    I'm Robin.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yeah I know... Just saying that if both teams continue playing well and banging in the goals, the forthcoming game will be a cracker!

    But yes, it's vital that both of our teams safely negotiate the next round in Europa League, and get to the group stages

    Marco.
    The European games will be tough but hopefully both teams will reach the group stages, as you say both teams are playing well just now, there is also an International break coming up which may cause some issues.
    Regards
    Robin

    .....................



    Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Primare I 32 amp
    Primare R 32 phono stage
    Arcam CDS50 Sacd Network Player
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •