Closed Thread
Page 98 of 109 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New FOOTY Thread 20/21

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ha - I forgot there were [largely meaningless] games on tonight, as I'd mentally boxed off this season. I see Celtic won 4-0 against 'high-flying' St Johnstone.

Woopy-doo!

Marco.
    a covid hit saint's lol no its good results for both, and it looks like hamilton accies will now go down. shame as i always liked them, and their current manager too..
    Gers now on 99 points(having never reached 100) and now have the shut out record with 25 in a season.
    Sure everyone will be glad to get the fans back...

Also hear that Howe has agreed the Celtic job.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Indeed... I couldn't give a flying fuck about the remainder of the season. Diddy teams fighting for survival, or whatever, is of no interest to me, although I'd quite like to see St Johnstone win the SC, and with it, one more trophy than you lot got!

But for me it's all about next season now, and the players our new manager brings in to attempt to wrestle back the title!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Indeed... I couldn't give a flying fuck about the remainder of the season. Diddy teams fighting for survival, or whatever, is of no interest to me, although I'd quite like to see St Johnstone win the SC, and with it, one more trophy than you lot got!

But for me it's all about next season now, and the players our new manager brings in to attempt to wrestle back the title!

Marco.
    Remaining unbeaten would be nice and that would bring up the 100 points, and the only trophy that counts will be presented what ever happens.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Lol - come off it, the cups count, too! You'll discover that one day if you get to win another double or treble, lol...

[ Wind up mode off ].

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Lol - come off it, the cups count, too! You'll discover that one day if you get to win another double or treble, lol...

[ Wind up mode off ].

Marco.
    Quite happy with 55 league wins until next season , when we start all over again, league and Europe are the main targets cups are just a bonus.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

rangers had really only 2 objectives. win league and have a run in europe.. first was to show we could and stop celtic; second was for money, which was even more important than usual as finances were curtailed due to pandemic.
    They won the league in spectacular fashion and had a much better run in Europe than could be hoped.
    Cups are icing on any cake, or runners up prizes if you have no cake to ice. IE, nice to win but not overly important unless your getting a treble.
    There has been a shift of power on field, and off field too so its, im sure, Celtics' aim to alter that this year or the next, depending on how fast they can turn it around. If nothing else, the changes in the game here have helped put Scottish footy on the map again, whereas it was just a 'one horse dorp' before
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Quite happy with 55 league wins until next season , when we start all over again, league and Europe are the main targets cups are just a bonus.
    Yes I agree, the targets are the same for us, *BUT* trebles are lovely to win too (as you know yourself), and you need the two cups to achieve that - that's the point I'm making!

Here's the thing... Which would you take, if offered it at the beginning of next season: a league title and getting through to the last 16 of the CL, but no cup wins, or a domestic treble and 'only' qualifying for the CL group stages?

I know what I'd choose!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    rangers had really only 2 objectives. win league and have a run in europe.. first was to show we could and stop celtic; second was for money, which was even more important than usual as finances were curtailed due to pandemic.
    They won the league in spectacular fashion and had a much better run in Europe than could be hoped.
    Cups are icing on any cake, or runners up prizes if you have no cake to ice. IE, nice to win but not overly important unless your getting a treble.
    There has been a shift of power on field, and off field too so its, im sure, Celtics' aim to alter that this year or the next, depending on how fast they can turn it around. If nothing else, the changes in the game here have helped put Scottish footy on the map again, whereas it was just a 'one horse dorp' before
    I agree with all of that (especially it no longer being just a one-horse race is a good thing), but with respect I disagree with the bit in bold.

Don't get me wrong, Rangers were worthy winners of the SPL title, of that there is no doubt, but in "spectacular fashion' only because Celtic were so dreadfully poor, and at the end of an era of total dominance (as I've said before, success comes in cycles), and also because Aberdeen were poor, who are also in a transitional stage.

In short, you romped to the title and have showed remarkably consistency in league games, so well done for that, but in reality you had little real challenge from the teams who traditionally, in better times, would've provided it. Don't get me wrong, Celtic have also romped to title wins, in the absence of any real challenge, especially when Rangers were in the lower leagues, but I'm simply putting your win this season into perspective.

Quite simply, if you hadn't taken your eye off the ball, you could've had the treble. There is no shilly-shallying or getting away from that fact.

Next season will be a totally different ball game - and if at the end of a hard battle (which this season wasn't) you win two in a row, then that will be a much bigger achievement and show that Rangers are *really* back in business! But for now, enjoy lifting the league trophy when it comes soon

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

we will have to agree to disagree on that. Celtic's record isnt that bad actually, even if they didnt do as well as they used to, but perhaps the challenge was such that it un nerved them a bit. but overturning a 13 point gap when league was called early and turning that into a 23 point advantage; not losing to celtic in games and so far going unbeaten and with 25 league shutouts is fairly spectacular in my book.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Yes, it would be, had you done it against a calibre of Celtic side, the likes of which was led by Brendan Rodgers, and which certainly didn't apply this season. However, that's simply my view, and you have another, so yes best just to agree to disagree

The fact is, however, that how "spectacular", or otherwise, your performance is in any sport is directly proportional to the calibre of the opposition. And your success this season was achieved when Celtic were in decline.

Another factor that for me had a significant bearing on this season's outcome was that, for whatever reason, your team handled playing inside empty stadiums much better than mine, I've no idea why, but for me it's a fact, and that will also be why next season will be so different, once we get all the fans back.

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread