Closed Thread
Page 67 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New FOOTY Thread 20/21

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

No-one talking about the footy again!

Two good wins tonight for both sides, so just as I thought, it looks like Rangers getting knocked out of the League Cup was just as blip, and they're well back onto their winning ways.

That also seems to be the case for us, and another clean sheet in the league, plus another good goal from Turnbull, who's fast proving to be a great signing! Also pleased to see that Hazard kept his place in goal, which for me was the right thing to do, and if he stays there for the next few games, does a good job and gains more confidence, I think he'll also play against Rangers.

It was also nice to see Griffiths and Edouard playing together up front, and showing some promise that they can rekindle the successful partnership they had last season, and if that happens it will augur well for us giving Rangers some sort of challenge in the league.

However, I still think it's Rangers' title to lose - and the ONLY way we'll have any chance at all is if we win all our games in hand, don't drop any more points until we go to Ibrox on 2nd January, and then win that one, which will be a HUGE ask... However, anything else, if Rangers don't drop any points, and it's game over.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Another decent performance last night from us, the game was over 2 minutes into the second half when we scored the 3rd goal, will start to think about the old firm game when we get to it.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

a long way to go before then, but team seems to have enough about them.. a good reserve bank too and they all look keen to play. Roofe is going well..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Indeed... I'm actually totally relaxed about the whole 10-in-a-row thing, especially now that we've secured the quadruple treble, which for me is arguably the greater achievement, displaying unbelievable consistency in knockout competitions over such a long time, and which will NEVER be done again.

I was more nervous/worried about missing out on that, than I am about the prospect of losing 10-in-a-row, especially as we have two nines - a feat also unlikely to be achieved again by either Celtic or Rangers. Therefore, if Rangers win the league this year simply by being the better and more consistent team (as has been the case so far), then good luck to them.

We badly needed a proper challenge anyway, and which will only force us to become better!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Steve.

I only say this with great Festive Cheer, but there used to be a website called: "They didn't want to play for the Wednesday".

No matter how desperate an old footballer's career might look, there was one Club you always turned down. Sheffield Wednesday.

Hopeless team. Tatty stadium. Ugly strip. Can't sing for S***.

Spoilt my day recently though. Ended Coventry City's 8 match unbeaten run. 1-0 to the Wednesday.

Shame.

Three wins in a row now in the league, and three clean sheets - is this a Celtic revival?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Steve.

Don't you just love the Footy?

The Baggies (West Bromwich Albion F.C.) have decided things are desperate, so have signed up dear old Sam Allerdyce to try and keep them in the lucrative £££ Prem.

It won't be pretty.

He's got his work cut out.

Midland teams are generally rubbish. I say this as a Midlander. Coventry City (The Sky Blues ) have broken my Heart more often than they have warmed it.

A fascinating Footy article today: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...b-global-en-GB

That was a good season. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991%E...es_and_results

The great 1991-92 clash of the two Uniteds. Good teams.

Notice that Coventry narrowly avoided relegation, as usual.

I'm Grant.

so i see the last games of yr played today. both halfs of old firm won fairly easily. should be an interesting game at new year.. i have a feeling for celtic... they may want it more
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

No mate, not *want* it more, NEED it more, which as I've said before is often the defining factor, in terms of who wins these games: the team who NEEDS to win it most, often does.

But Rangers will certainly want to win - very much so, every bit as much as Celtic, as they'll be desperate to have one hand on the trophy (which is what I think will be the case if Celtic lose) and they're at home with a considerable lead, so will be firm favourites.

Not sure if we'll win, but I don't think we'll lose (wouldn't have said that four or five games ago, though). However, if Rangers win, IMO it's defo their title, as for me there'd be no way back from that. As I've said though, now that we've secured the QT, I'm pretty relaxed about the title, so in that respect, may the best team win on Saturday - and let's hope for fair play and no fatal refereeing blunders!

Marco.
    Main System

Turnbull and Soro have been immense, and are two big reasons why we've had an upturn in form and are playing with much more confidence, coupled with the emergence and form of Griffiths, which subsequently has rekindled the form of Edouard.

I believe that most of the above, save Soro, whom I think will be replaced by Brown, will be hugely influential at the weekend - and also look out for Barkas finally growing into a Celtic jersey!

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 67 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast