Closed Thread
Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New FOOTY Thread 20/21

I'm Grant.

not much in it id think.. who gets lucky with player availability maybe. milan have a decent team including abrahimavich
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah, and so for me, Milan are a better team than either Benfica or Standard Liege, and Losc and Lech are of a similar standard. That's why arguably we have the slightly harder group.

That aside, let hope we can both qualify from the group again, let we did last season, as that will do our co-efficient the power of good, as indeed it has already done by you guys beating a Greek team

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

both groups are escapable i think, but no walk in park for any team.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Two good wins today for both halves of the Old Firm. I haven't seen the Rangers game, but St Johnstone made it really hard for us at their ground and defended in great numbers for the whole match, restricting the amount of space where our players could operate.

However, we didn't play well, and up until the last 20 mins or so, it was a rather turgid affair. It was obvious that the players were suffering a bit after their midweek exploits in Europe away from home... The big difference came when Lennon threw on his subs, and in particular Griffo and Klimala, who both scored!

It was a very important 3 points. We showed our credentials as champions again, by keeping going right until the end and grinding out a vital win - and this one, and the securing of maximum points, instead of only one, could prove crucial come the end of the season.

It certainly keeps us in touch with you guys for the game at Celtic Park in 2 weeks time, and also with a game in hand still against Aberdeen. However, what was most pleasing for me today was seeing Griffo come on and score a vital goal, which he took really well, and he looked really sharp. On his day, he's still a top-notch striker and one of the best in the business, and who has been much missed!

Hopefully his return will give Edouard a kick up the arse, who's currently suffering a loss of form, although I think the International break will do him good, even if he does play for the French under 21s, as it'll be a change of scenery, as it were, and a chance to refocus himself. So with Griffo back in contention, fit and scoring goals, ditto Klimala, then when Ajeti recovers from injury, we'll have a formidable choice of strikers!

Plus, as looks likely, if we can do a bit more business in the transfer market before the window closes, namely in signing another left-back, to replace Bolingoli, and Snodgrass set for a loan move from West Ham, who IMO will be a very valuable addition to the squad: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-loan-22789921

...we'll be well-equipped to take on what is going to be a long, ardious (and possibly historic) season!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

The rangers game was poor but it was 3 points, which was the important thing.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

I was reading that the S African Zungu has signed a loan deal after all with Rangers. Dunno that much about him but he seems to be a fans fav in S A.. Guess gers could do with another player in the "engine room"lol

i see Celtic also picked up a LB loanee from of all places, Uraguay.. Not sure there have been many Uraguaians in spl before?

edit... there have been 3 apparently... Carlos Marcora – Dundee United – 2000–01, Gerardo Traverso – Dundee –2001–02, Fabián Yantorno – Gretna, Hibernian – 2007–09....

Rangers I think had a S African once in Dean Furman, while Killy had Chad Harpur in same year..2007-08
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Indeed... Barring any obscure unknowns, I think Caniggia is the closest, although he was Argentinian. Laxalt has been playing in Europe for years though, so that will help. I think he'll be a good signing, but unlikely to feature for many weeks until he's fit.

I also like the look of Zungu, and think he'll be a valuable addition to your squad. One thing's for sure, both our squads should be strong enough now to handle the rigours of what will undoubtedly be a challenging season!

On another note, let's hope that Scotland can beat Israel tomorrow night, as that's a MASSIVE one for our country

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed... Barring any obscure unknowns, I think Caniggia is the closest, although he was Argentinian. Laxalt has been playing in Europe for years though, so that will help. I think he'll be a good signing, but unlikely to feature for many weeks until he's fit.

I also like the look of Zungu, and think he'll be a valuable addition to your squad. One thing's for sure, both our squads should be strong enough now to handle the rigours of what will undoubtedly be a challenging season!

On another note, let's hope that Scotland can beat Israel tomorrow night, as that's a MASSIVE one for our country

Marco.
    Agree a win for Scotland is important, we could all do with a lift. Also good that both old Firm squad remained intact at the end of the transfer window.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Robin.

That result was never in doubt, yeah right. terrible game to watch but Scotland progress
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Indeed, it was beyond turgid!

However, we're through, but will need to be 150% better against Serbia! Thankfully, we'll have a few of our best players back for that one.

For me, if Griffo continues featuring for Celtic, and scoring, he's GOT to lead the line. His skill from dead-ball situations, especially free-kicks, would be invaluable.

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 41 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast